1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie] Fruitvale Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Anyone else see the commercial for this? Looks like a good movie about the shooting of Oscar Grant by police in 2009

2. Convictedstupid

Saw the trailer for it before World War Z. Really want to see it.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Surprised this movie isn't getting more buzz on CF. From everything I've heard and read, it's one of the best movies of 2013.

I think I'm going to try and see it this weekend.

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HRlu1Dsc39I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm going to see it this weekend. I've followed Jordan since he was in The Wire.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nothing major but I'll tag it.

Movie was a bit slow but with purpose. The film wasn't perfect but it got the point across. MBJ was absolutely fantastic although the director didn't give him very long in scenes to show his range but rather focused on giving a broad understanding of who Oscar Grant was. Very emotional and really hits home with everything going on today.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ :eek:
    I've been on a train before in Boston, Washington D.C., and in Houston. :( I'm sure it will hit home, too.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very much looking forward to seeing it. I don't mind slow movies at all as long as the payoff is good, and from all accounts, the payoff is very good in this movie.