1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 21, 2011.

1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Did you watch it using the D-Box seats? I saw Star Trek there this morning. The movie started 10 minutes late and the manager came and gave us all passes for a future movie, which I plan on using for FF6. It's easily the best theater in Houston.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good movie, but not as good as the 5th. The runway scene was a letdown. It was too dark to really see what they were doing on the outside, and I kept thinking about how stupid long the runway was. I enjoyed the twist with Gina carano and Letty tho

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Over-the-top, ridiculous fun. Just a few too many plot-holes though, even for the type of movie it is, and the whole thing felt a little stale and predictable compared to the last sequel. Still has some good car chases and does a nice job of tying into the rest of the franchise.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I went last Sunday night and was sold out of DBox seats. I thought it was a whole theater of DBox seats but it's like 2 or 3 rows of seats in 3 theaters I believe.

Plan on going another day maybe to watch Man of Steel there

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn, I'm really liking what I hear about this place. Thought it was going to open this past winter and really wanted to go. I'm going to check it out the next time I'm back in Houston.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Is it any different from the silverado in tomball? Do you know

8. redefined

Ive never heard of the silverado but it seems and looks very similar. The palladium isn't cowboy themed, has a bowling alley with big screen tvs, more eating choices, and larger screens. I'm assuming the seats are similar too..the leather/leatherette with wide arm rests. Now I'm just hoping the blacks don't invade the palladium like they did amc 24 in first colony. They made going to the movies a nightmare.

9. VanityHalfBlack

You do realize that it's in Texas/south/ with a little help from the internet, black people are the least of your worries.. They pay money just like you, what's your problem chief?? There are hundreds of other theaters, go to them if that's such a problem for you, lol...

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've found watching comedies with a black audience much more satisfying than any other demographic.

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow, just wow.

I go to AMC First Colony just about every week and I have no idea what in the world you're talking about. But, even as a white dude in his mid-30's, I don't have an issue (nor even think about) with the race of other movie-goers. That theater is nice to me in all aspects, especially after they remodeled the whole lobby/concession area.

Now, the AMC in the Fountains shopping center in Stafford is turning into a dump. I went a couple of weeks ago and registers weren't working, urinals over-flowing, video not working resulting in the computer having to be re-started, chairs falling apart, and it just felt "dirty".... it was bad.

12. VanityHalfBlack

AMC/Fountains use to be my favorite theater back in the 90s. Sad to hear how it has turned out now, so many memories from that theater and so many good movies seen in that theater...

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Feel the same way. The theaters there have had a musty smell for a long-time too.

14. redefined

Are you married. I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if a group of blacks hassled your wife at the theaters....always have had bad experiences there.

Just recently we went there and a group of blacks told my girlfriend that she was in the wrong theater and that Twilight was in the next room.

There was another occasion where a group of blacks were holding seats. We tried to sit there and they were very rude about it. Another black couple walks by and all of a sudden "no sir, those seats aren't taken. Please feel free to sit there" We were like wtf...

The ones always sitting next to me chew their food like there's no tomorrow, will take out their phones and keep texting, talk throughout the movies, etc. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Completely inconsiderate.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

meh. Don't know why I saw it. I don't remember half of it.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's why I prefer going to the Alamo for all my movies. They don't have the biggest screens, but they have cheap ticket prices, theaters are never packed, decent food, and they have no problem kicking people out who ruin the movie for others.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Watched it at the amc willowbrook and was upset. Hot ass and uncomfortable seats, I wished I would've went to the greenspoint cine. Fell asleep in the middle of the middle, maybe it was boring or I was just too tired. 1 and 5 are the best

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, these group of girls at the Palladium were kicking my seat when I watched it last week, it was even a 11pm showing on a Sunday, then again, it was Memorial Day weekend, so it was pretty much a Friday or Saturday crowd.

I agree with Fountains, it has turned into crap. I try to go to First Colony or Star Cinema as my first choices, but still end up going there every so often.

19. yo

yo Contributing Member

Saw FF6 at the Fountains late on a Friday.

A lady screamed "WILL THE MORON THROWING CANDY PLEASE STOP THANK YOU" in the middle of the show.

Ghetto dude in my row started chatting on his phone like he was in his house.

Other than that.... yeah Fountains is a dump.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Star Cinema is nice, that's usually my theater of preference when I'm in town. Hope it doesn't turn bad.