1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] F9: The Fast Saga

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 14, 2021.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

None of this actually happened in the movie, it was all faked. There were no monsters and he had no abilities. Soooo...

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

I don't understand why he took it, what in that script made sense?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

In all of my weird dreams if I have a gun for protection and need to use it the gun is never operable.

Every single time I can't pop off the shots.

#44 jiggyfly, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Quite possibly the worst one of the franchise. Garbage film, and I usually love these. The lack of posts in this thread after the release says it all.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

or when you wanna run, your legs won't function for various reasons.

tho fapping and secks is unstoppable

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't dislike it quite this much, but if was definitely pretty clunky. But there were several moments of absolute joy from the absurdity of what I was seeing on the big screen...which is pretty much what I watch these movies for. John Cena was good, but he is not a substitute for The Rock. Vin and Johnson need to make up.

Also, I heard an interview with Justin Lin (director) who claimed that all those money shots that were shown in the movie trailers were far from all the best moments in the movie. He claimed there was so much more that didn't get put in those trailers...

...I respectfully disagree. There were some good moments but the trailer clearly spoiled most of the best moments. I hate it when they do that.

Ultimately I enjoyed myself. I have made peace with the idea that these movies will never be as good as Fast 5 again, which was an absolute masterpiece of a movie. I just enjoy the set pieces and moments that are good. For F9, that was most of the back 3rd of the film with some silly, almost weirdly meta meta moments in the first 2/3rds. I'll still keep seeing these as long as they keep making them.

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I thought going into space was a bit too much. And what did they do to the characters from Tokyo drift? Why are they tech nerds all of a sudden. Why did Letty abandon her husband and adopted son to go on a mission without Dom? Lots of situations where the characters were acting out of character.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I liked it. I don't care about plot holes. Come on they shot a car into space. Roman survived a gunfight against like 50 people doing a 360 with an AK. It was mindless fun. Not the best in the series at all, but not horrible and the ridiculousness is expected.

They need to go all in and do time travel or stop a nuclear missile or something or maybe even aliens for Fast 10.

#49 RedRedemption, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    RunninRaven likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How else are they going to find the third Dom twin, Riddick?

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It's on HBO Max for those interested.

I know you have to turn your mind off for these movies but really....they put a car in space and probably had a day to prep it for flight. Perhaps still more plausible than the 50 mile runaway.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I caught it on HBO Max this weekend. As a F&F fan since that fateful day catching the very first one at AMC Willowbrook (having my Honda emblem stolen that same night), I have to say this franchise just needs to die. I know there's a 10th one but I really hope it dies immediately after that. The movies started to miss its soul without Paul Walker and I think it also missed something when the Rock left. The superhuman powers they gave the team (especially Vin Diesel's) is just roll-your-eyes comical. I also thought it was in bad taste to have "Brian" come in at the end of the movie in his Skyline. Like yea, it's a plot hole if you don't explain why he wasn't sitting at the dinner table but it's not as if that's the ONLY plot hole (e.g. Han's fake death) that existed in the movie.

marks0223 likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

After F10 they’re going to hit F5.

steddinotayto and Jontro like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think they should also go into alternate universes and hit alt + f4

Xerobull likes this.