1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Edgar Wright’s Last Night In Soho

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 25, 2021.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The first trailer has been released for “Hot Fuzz,” “Shaun of the Dead” and “Baby Driver” helmer Edgar Wright’s new psychological thriller “Last Night in Soho”.

The story finds an aspiring young fashionista whose dreams transport her to 1960s London where she appears to everyone else as her idol, a dazzling wannabe singer. But the period is not what it seems, time is fractured and the terrors of the past begin to bleed into the present.

Anya Taylor-Joy (“The Queen’s Gambit”), Thomasin McKenzie (“Jojo Rabbit”), Matt Smith (“Doctor Who”), Diana Rigg (“Game of Thrones”) and Terence Stamp (“Priscilla”) star in the film penned by Wright and Krysty Wilson-Cairns and inspired by famed thrillers of the genre like “Repulsion” and “Don’t Look Now”.

“Last Night in Soho” opens in cinemas on October 22nd 2021.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/trailer-edgar-wrights-last-night-in-soho/

This sounds kind of cool and Wright doesn't really disappoint, looking forward to it....

2. Buck Turgidson

Looks weird. I dig it.

jiggyfly and FrontRunner like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Edgar Wright usually delivers but he needs to stop promoting that he was the director for Baby Driver. That movie was terrible.

OmegaSupreme and Ziggy like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Looks amazing, strong The Shining vibes.

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it was hard watching to Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey and Jon Hamm compete against one another on who could overact the most.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I mean it only made almost 230 million for a non sequel or comic movie but yeah that movie is really dragging him down.

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sometimes you should just put the keyboard away.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did I say something untrue?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was unaware they were allowed to make original movies not based on dudes wearing capes and costumes. Looks incredible!

#9 J Sizzle, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Xerobull likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Lots of costumes in the trailer.

jiggyfly and J Sizzle like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

It was interesting trailer. Quality cast. Not sure about the story. It's like quantum leap in one sense, leap in, here's your problem, solve it. If she ends up the murderer that might be a little more interesting because now she's in a trap, solve the murder but it's you. Or let it happen and deal with the future consequences.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw this last night, pretty solid but not the best Wright film. Visuals and music are really well done though I wish the trailer had kept the tone more of a mystery.

Cast is all pretty great, Taylor-Joy looks like a real life 60s Barbie, but all the characters are terribly underwritten. If it wasn't for the way the story was told it's be pretty paint by the numbers in terms of plot. Entertaining but flawed....

B

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

I'll still watch. Wasn't a theatre movie for me anyway. Anything Edgar Wright is gold, Jerry.

GRENDEL likes this.