1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie] Chandni Chowk to China

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Nero

Nero Member

2. D-Lite

D-Lite Member

it seems like just a regular comedic indian movie thats being released in US theaters..

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I am still waiting for Stephen Chow to throw out Kung Fu Hustle 2........

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

why are chinese people speaking hindi?

5. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

someone took way too much shrooms.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

movie comes out today I dont know about you guys but I plan to go see it tonight. i just saw the run time was 2.5 hours though :eek:

it looks absurdly entertaining though.

7. professorjay

professorjay Member

Looks like the movie is keeping in the typical Bollywood songs and dancing? I can't imagine it would run that long otherwise.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

i think it is, at least from the trailer i saw on apple there is one song/dance scene in there. i dont know if there are going to be more....it looks entertaining enough

9. mulletman

mulletman Member

all the reviews (indian and non-indian) have been bad

10. Omer

Omer Member

Just watched the whole trailer (can't believe I made it) and it looks really stupid. Wasn't even that funny from what the trailer showed.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

so my friend and went to see it last night and we both really enjoyed the film.

if you like the kung-fu comedies of stephen chow you will probably like this one too. of course some of the jokes and humor to the film are better served if you are indian, but then again it is a hindi movie. of course there are some things that are down right silly but those add to the charm of the movie.

the story becomes a bit tad predictable at the end (but then again it is a hindi movie) but it was very entertaining.

of course it wont be everyone's cup of tea if people are going to criticize some of the cornier features of the film.

oh and my friend (who isn't indian) afterwards when we left said "am I going actually buy an indian movie now?" he really liked it as well.

I would say a 7.5/10 I would recommend it if you liked kung-fu hustle, shaolin soccer....but it is a 2.5 hour movie so be careful of drinking a large soda.