1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Amazon Prime)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 1, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

The period scene almost made me vomit

joshuaao, STR8Thugg and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

One of the scenes I refused to watch based on awkwardness alone. Took off my glasses and cringed while I listened to them do the fertility dance to celebrate her "moon blood."

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Watched it, wanted to like it, but just wasn't very funny and too predictable. I probably laughed twice and the rest of the time was debating whether I should keep watching.

The funniest part for me was when he asked ole boy at the cotillion how much and he said $500 and then ole boy's daughter cussed him. The disgust on that girl's face was priceless. That was a great scene.

Those two conspiracy theory nuts were damn frightening.

AroundTheWorld and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I found it funnier than the first

ryan_98, FrontRunner and STR8Thugg like this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Very funny. He is just a great writer and very quick in some of those scenarios.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He speaks about the movie and the filming here and gives a lot of credit to the Bulgarian actress. You can tell she's thankful for the role :

STR8Thugg likes this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I feel like you are alone on this, but to each their own.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Man I'd catch covid to watch this in a packed theater. It's not the same watching it on your computer screen. I need a large crowd. Is the magic Johnson theater still open?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You’re in Texas dude, theaters are still open smh.

That being said, pretty sure this is a prime exclusive.

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm not sure about funnier. But laughing at moronic and borderline evil jackasses is good medicine. I felt much better after seeing it.

Caesar likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

It was meh. 2/5. You could tell things were more scripted, which isn't surprising given that Borat and his pranks are so much more well known in the US now.

Uprising likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I thought it solid, cute and well done for it being Borat.

I can tell the Gulliani scene was edited to make it look bad, but it really seems like he tucked his shirt in and sat up before Cohen yelled/entered the room.

Nippystix likes this.
  14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious. Some people came off looking REALLY bad. The entire sing-along at that event was as cringe worthy as anything else he's done, though it was kind of a re-hash of the "Throw the Jew Down the Well" bit from the first movie. I'm not sure on the Guiliani thing. It does sort of look like he's messing with his shirt, but the way he sticks his hand down the front of his pants twice with the reporter there feels off. I could see it either way, to be honest. If Cohen released the unedited footage it would probably answer the question, but I doubt that happens.

Those two consipiracy nuts...are we sure they weren't actors? It seemed like they literally let this stranger stay at their house for several days in a row, with someone else there filming that we never see them acknowledge.

Loved the black woman who was the babysitter. Could not believe the plastic surgeon and the "influencer". They came off BAD.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I have not watched it but on the Giuliani thing... was he in a hotel room with her? Is that where the interview took place? And he thought it was just the two of them? Where were the cameras - assuming it was a video interview where are the camera people?

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

17. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I know theaters are open. I'm just saying it would be dope to see a borat film in a packed theater. Saw the first movie at AMC 30, hilarious and good times.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

I enjoyed it. Cohen blends the prank format with the storyline. I low key enjoyed the eastern European music whenever they played them. And Rudy well... there's that. :D

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I never like how in Borat normal people are made the butt of the joke. Often they are just trying to be nice and accommodating to a foreigner's strange ways. And he humiliates them on camera.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I found it pretty hilarious, I was expecting Cohen's commitment but I left really impressed with Maria Bakalova. She was great in all her sequences.

Thought it was solid B.

AroundTheWorld likes this.