1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's possible.

OR people got their hopes up from the BvS trailers, thinking this film would redeem the other, and found the same mistakes. Great action, poor storytelling.

Or as my wife said in Portuguese, "A mesma bosta."

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is almost as if Lex was trying to get the Justice League together so they could save the planet he is on.

3. conquistador#11

what if marvel and D.C crossed over like they have in the comics, but on film! :mind double blown: biggest opening ever.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Breh, 66 pages. We all saw it it was Meh.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Poe's law.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Coughlin's Law: "Bury the dead. They stink up the joint. As for the rest of Coughlin's Laws, ignore them. The guy was always full of sh_t."

That's right. This movie sucks because no Tom Cruise. Cocktails and dreams, baby! ;)

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm praying for the day the monster that is Disney just outright buys Warner Bros and Fox.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lefler's Law #36 You gotta go with what works.

[​IMG]

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Saw it with the wife yesterday. Ben and Gal were the loan bright spots. Seems like Cavill is getting worse at acting and Eisenberg went ****ing crazy. Pretty much had the same issues most people did. Lack of character development, simply dumb writing, weird ass flasback/dream sequences, etc.

It wasn't an absolutely horrible movie, but it was definitely short of the mark I had hoped for.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I found that weird as well. It looked like someone remembered at the end that the Lex Luthor character in the comics (and all of the other Superman movies) was actually bald.

1 person likes this.
  11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, I have a problem with the whole kryptonite thing anyway. It was first introduced during the Superman radio series in 1943. By 1949, the Superman story lines had become somewhat stale as Superman was so powerful that nothing could hurt or harm him so kryptonite was used as a convenient plot mechanism to convey both danger and weakness to the invulnerable Man of Steel. But if kryptonite is from the exploded planet of Krypton which was easily light years away, then the odds of these planetary fragments actually reaching the Earth on their own through sheer happenstance have to be astronomical in and of themselves. I could never wrap my head around this as a possibility at all - but I digress...

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think some pieces hitched a ride in the warp bubble of Kal-El's spaceship, but there's been a LOT of Kryptonite over the years.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Man oh man, there is only one Anthony Lane.

After recounting excellent cast, name by name. "It’s quite a lineup, and not one of them goes unwasted."

... and my personal favorite ...

"Hans Zimmer, seldom the most placid of composers, is joined on this occasion by Junkie XL, and we should give thanks for their combined efforts, which render large portions of the dialogue, by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, blessedly inaudible."

LOLOL. Damn, Anthony.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/04/04/batman-v-superman-and-francofonia

Does not really contain spoilers, FWIW.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I decided to watch it again, and I think before I'm done with the 2nd viewing I'll think differently about it. Already some of the things that annoyed me the first time through don't annoy me as much. I think maybe I just was expecting too much in my first viewing and some of the things I thought didn't work actually worked decently well.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Same here. I feel like the movie had some complexity that I missed due to some of the simple, heavy-handedness of other aspects. I want to watch it again to catch some of the details that I feel (based on this thread) I completely missed.

I still think it's hilarious that MOS and this movie catch hell for having unrealistic elements or character reactions when some of the Marvel movies are straight r****ded in nearly every aspect (looking at you Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron).

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

About to go watch this again! :)

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

I thought it was boring.
    The whole time I kept thinking why the f wouldn't superman just kill a puny batman?

And whats Lex doing? What's his end game? Thank goodness wonderwoman was there to keep my interest. My goodness Gal Gadot is cute.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MqR9IOrVFPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I definitely had issues with some of the responses in Age of Ultron -- I was pretty disappointed in the movie considering how much I enjoyed the first Avengers, as well as some of Whedon's other films (the fight scenes are still some of the best movie action ever, so keep that in mind as well). Iron Man 3, I actually liked with the exception of the ending...and the whole Mandarin thing.

With that said...a lot of the plot points in BvS are so stupid it's unreal. It's kind of a different thing. (See: Martha)

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why can't they just hire the writers from the cartoons? They write better dialogues and their characters are more intelligent. The people in the movie seem very basic to me. Then the producers went and made Joker very annoying and misnamed him to Lex Luthor.

Anyway so, does this mean that Superman killed Gen. Zod twice in succession? I wonder how much Michael Shannon got paid for just laying still for a few minutes.

The movie is still at least a 6/10 because Baffleck is badass... and he kills people and make their limbs bend backwards.