1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

These are COMIC book characters, none of them are serious....right, right?

:confused:

DD

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think Wonder Woman would do fine. Aqua Man and the others are going to have to be good.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

My biggest complaint(s) / question(s):
    Supes having the K-spear in his hand as he flew towards Doomsday. How did he still have his powers? He should be weak, being so close to the K. How was he able to fly? How was he able to get the strength to thrust the spear into Doomsday?

What was Wonder Woman's alter ego role? Did she want to steal information at Lex's party? If so, what for? Wiki mentions her as an antique dealer, but I feel like that wasn't mentioned at all, in the movie. What antiques was she hoping for?

What was Lex's party even for? Why was Bruce invited? Like a lot of you have said, Lex was smart, but his mannerisms seemed like that of the Joker.

Why did Lex already have all those files on those particular JL members? Why Cyborg? Cyborg shouldn't have even been on anyone's radar yet, at that point. Where are the other members of the JL? Where are other superheroes, period? Why just those 4?

Speaking of WW's file, all that was in the database was a picture of Diana outside her car and an old picture from...1918. How is that meaningful to being grouped with the other superheroes?

This movie was wonky.

Rosenbaum did a great job, but I think Kevin Spacey would have been great, in this movie - especially if he brings that Frank Underwood swagger.

I think Cavill is a terrible actor. Way too wooden. He looks like Superman, which is great, but he can't really act.

It wouldn't matter if Superman roughed up Lex or outright killed him. That would just be wasting time in finding Martha because even Lex didn't know where she was.

Gained by the fight = either Batman or Superman would be dead, or both. Lex mainly wanted Superman gone, but I'm sure he wouldn't care if Batman died either.

Creating Doomsday might have been a backup plan; assuming Supes killed Bats, Lex would then used DD to kill Supes, and then kill DD himself (with all the kryptonite), so that Lex would be hailed as something of a hero.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but
    if Superman kills Batman, then Lex is either imprisoned or murdered by Superman depending on if he managed to get the job done before his mom got killed....so that's kind of stupid.

When it comes to creating Doomsday, again, what's the point? If Doomsday wins, then he destroys everything and kills everyone. If Superman wins, then he imprisons or kills Lex. Lex didn't have Kryptonite to stop Doomsday or kill Superman himself so that's not it.

Also, if he knew their secret identities, there was no reason to go through all of this BS, he could just expose who they really were or he could hatch some plan to ambush them while they were their alter egos. I mean, that would have been the Lex Luthor play if he wanted them dead due to them getting in his way, not some ridiculous plan with very little chance of it working out to his advantage.

Since Lex had the Kryptonite, he could have just made weapons himself like the gas, hook that gas up to the sprinkler system at Clark Kent's work along with something that would knock out the normal people, then have his mercs go in and kill him with the Kryptonite spear or some other Kryptonite weapons. Then no one sees them do it, AND Superman is dead with no monster running around killing everyone or even Superman knowing who was after him.

Or, just set a trap for him using Lois Lane like they did in the very beginning only when he flies in, hit the Kryptonite gas then shoot him with Kryptonite bullets or whatever. I mean there's a million more Lex Luthor like plans that could have been used but instead they went with a crazy person plan with almost no chance of success. Lex is supposed to be smarter than that.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Killing them while Supes is in Clark mode is too simple for Lex. In other iterations where Lex knows Supes' identity, I don't think Lex ever went after an unsuspecting Clark. Normally, that'd be the most logical thing to do, but I don't think that would fit the comic book mold; at least, not in the case of Superman.

Because Doomsday had part of Lex's blood, was that the reason why DD didn't go after Lex? DD was like 2 feet away from Lex when he "hatched." That could be another reason why Lex didn't care about what DD did.

In the end though, the stupidity and the genius of the villain is on the writers. For instance:
    Lex was smart enough to rig a bomb in that victim's wheelchair to try to pin the blame on Superman, but as BTG said, wasn't smart enough to make a ton of K-weapons?

Also, it's too bad Lex's assistant won't be coming back. She was fiiiiiine.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lex was a convoluted plot device to get Batman and Superman to fight and sprinkle teasers of the other "meta-humans". There's not much more to it, nor is there any wink and nod to the comics about it...

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It would have been smarter for Lex to have made a weapon from the Kryptonite to make Superman go ape **** crazy leaving the Bat to stop him that would have been a good plot. Lex is a narcissist who wants to control the world so ofcourse he would try to control superman rather than kill him. Superman is not a likable character at all in these movies, he lets his father die for no reason, kills a crazy amount of people in fights instead of luring the bad guys from the cities and you know actually protecting people. Even his alien parents were written as douches. In the original they had no time they just threw the baby on the ship and they died not having a chance to escape but the way they wrote Man Of Steel they had plenty of time and lots of space on that ship to go with him and they were just like no we will die here, lol. None of it makes sense.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I like this superman. The whole letting his father die, yeah that was a stretch no doubt. The whole kryptonian world engine fight, there's not much he could've done to lure them away from metropolis. They were there to kill all the humans on earth, not fight superman lol it's not like they were gonna say "let's turn the world engine off and go fight superman on this remote island" he had to fight them in metropolis. The whole parents jumping in the ship, the way I remember it was yeah jor el knew the world was ending but kal el wasn't born yet. I thought it was he was born and then zod orchestrated the coup and jor el escaped and got the codex and fought off zod while lara launched kal el into space, I could be off on that tho. I haven't seen MOS in a while. I get why alot of people didn't like MOS tho, me personally tho I liked it. Different strokes.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You didn't like the workout scene? Much better than Bale's handful of push-ups he would do in each movie. Lol

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Exactly what I'm thinking; he's a very good story teller

And I was even fine with the workout scene

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

If this movie had Affleck's name attached to it as director instead of Zach, a whole lot of people would be singing a different tune. Zach's name doomed it. Already gave people doubt from the beginning and the instant they watched something they didn't like, confirmed their bias right there and then.

1 person likes this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I dug it too actually, Bruce was doin' work.

Um, no. If Affleck had directed it -- it would have been a much better film. You're trying to imply that Affleck would have directed it and made the exact same movie that Snyder made? Please.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Snyder deserves his rep as a director who makes films with a lot of style and little substance. They're fun to watch but upon deeper reflection, they're always lacking. They should boot him and put true comic-loving Affleck (and by proxy, Damon and Kevin Smith) in charge. DC movies would really flourish.

I don't mind it. It's just that films always seem to take time out to show Affleck with his shirt off. I get it; women love him, it sells tickets. I just think it doesn't really add anything to the movie.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My vote goes to James Cameron, at least for Justice League. And I don't even like Avatar.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Obviously not. They have different styles. I was trying to imply that people already had biases before watching the movie affecting their viewing experience.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah but the writers created that scenario. So now they have no choice to write it where some people hated Superman too. The way they wrote it having a Superman at all does more harm than good. No Superman no bad guys trying to kill everyone on earth because they would not be on earth. Man of Steel has other logical failings. Lots of actions but it doesn't make a lot of sense even in the world that they created.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I kinda think this is a cop out. If it's good it's good. I don't see anyone saying the movie was awful. There are certainly awful elements but the most you can give it really is an OK. There are flaws staring you directly in the face and as I said before the way they created this new superman overall he's more harm than good and that shouldn't be what Superman is about.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Anyone seen it? Reviews, from both critics and fans, have not been that great.