1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Clearly you have not seen Deadpool.

DD

2. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Lex was absolutely horrible. I really tried to like Eisenberg's portrayal but I found myself cringing everytime he said his lines. He had no redeeming scenes all throughout the movie. Bit of a letdown considering how well Hardy, Ledger and even Shannon (as Zod) portrayed their villains.

Affleck was solid.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not really Eisenberg's fault. I blame the director/producer or whoever was in charge in casting Lex Luthor. They knew exactly what they were gonna get from Eisenberg. A short, scrawny kid who talks too much that you just can't help but bully. Yet that was the Lex they had envisioned.

They should have referenced the Lex from the cartoon movies. Tall and huge. The Rock would have been better than Eisenberg.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deadpool was not a serious movie :grin:

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Lex Luther behaved more like the Joker than Lex Luthor.

Can anyone tell me the point of the car scene where superman stops batman from stealing the kryponite from Lex but then like 15 minutes later batman steals the kryptonite from Lex anyways?

What a jumbled mess of a movie.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Saw it last night. Wow this was bad...like Phantom Menace hype vs. actual product level bad...

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

I doubt Superman was there to stop him from stealing kryptonite. He was just there probably because of all the havoc Batman was creating in the city during his chase after the kryptonite.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Within a Span of days
    He Goes from .. . He is a menace that needs to be taken down to please help me say my moms . . .er. . . my Martha

crap crap crap

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That was kind of the thing
    they spent so much time trying to set up the other 10 movies
    that they didn't have a movie here

Rocket River

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Interesting some people feel like that towards eisenbergs lex. I think he was great. I thought He nailed the atheistic, logical egomaniac that Lex Luther would have been In that world of aliens falling from the sky casuing havoc.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Y'all are all over the map, but I am getting maybe this bat signal:
    If I hated Star Trek Into Dumbness then I should skip this movie.

Yea or Nay?

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Nothing like each other. I hated that star trek movie too.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This movie tried too hard to cram everything we like about comic book movies inside. It's goodfor DC universe nerds, good for beginners and good for non comic book fans. I think future DC universe stuff will be better but this movie is like a whole season of game of thrones crammed into a movie.

My only complaint is the run time and that's it.

I say see it if you plan of getting into the future movies and I agree with Kevin Smith when he says you better hope a lot of people see the movie because the $$$$ it makes will determine how many more are coming. I'm not a DC guy outside of batman but I'd be open to watching more DC movies now.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The new ST movies are cheap mind numbing franchise cash grabs. It'd be like a Marvel movie done 15 years ago from a random studio.

This movie has visually entertaining scenes, but suffers from the characters not being true to the comics, and a lack of real focus or logical direction.

The first half is mostly tension driven by throwing in some gibberish geopolitics and weak crime noir elements (very loose spitballing here...) and the second half are action sequences that come together through a jumble of plot devices that throw away many discoveries from the first half.

It's like a bad Original Series StarTrek movie with new fangled CG.

Snyder is really gifted at providing interesting visuals and still frames (a shot of Superman's overall disgust and disappointment comes into mind), but his direction, pacing, and character vision turns off a lot of people expecting traditional movie or comic cues.

I heard the Watchmen extended version was a lot better than the one in film, and there's one slated to hit BluRay for this movie as well. Seems like he loves everything that he can't make the right cuts for a 2 hr movie.

Hope your expectations are lowered enough to turn off the brain and enjoy the boom boom special effects.

This sounds pretty harsh, but I did enjoy the movie.

#1274 Invisible Fan, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Never was into DC comics though I've liked most of the Batman movies. Movie started slow. I think they did a great job showing that Doomsday was a threat to Superman. Granted, Batman shouldn't have last 15 seconds.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Fixed. Superman didn't care about the guys shooting up the city with military grade weapons that Batman was chasing.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Man of Steel was one of the worst comic book movies ever made. Simple logical failure after logical failure. Yes it's a comic book movie made in a make believe world but it should still make sense based on the rules set in the film and it just doesn't. As for Batman vs Superman there were definite logical failures. They picked the wrong guys for Superman and Lex IMO. Especially Lex. Batman was cool overall the movie was just OK. Marvel is destroying DC at every turn. You have these big names like Batman and Superman which draw crowds but with little to no substance.. disappointing.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Basically. Lots of logical fails with that guy. They made Superman stupid just like in man of steel. If he were real he would have been kicked off Earth or locked away where he couldn't harm anyone. I was actually rooting for Lex in the first half of the movie before he started killing people, lol.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Neither is Batman vs. Superman. Deapool is one of the best comic book movies ever made. It's self aware. Every DC movie besides the past 3 Batman films has sucked. It looks like they only know how to handle Batman.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wonder if they're worried about the other titles, like Wonder Woman, Aqua Man, etc... if those movies aren't actually good I cant see them doing well enough to warrant more. Unless they find a clever way to cut the budgets.