1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Okay can someone tell me how to spoil so I can answer some of these questions

2. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I just saw the movie and let me tell you, it was a dope movie. I don't get the hate. I think people went into the movie LOOKING for something to hate on. They wanted this movie to be so perfect. I think that's unfair. Then looking at the critic reviews saying it wasn't "fun" or like the marvel movies..it's supposed to be dark. It's batman.

1 person likes this.
  3. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] (no spaces in the bracket)

1 person likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This. I think many expect all comic book films to be half light hearted with witty lead roles even though 90% of the 'wit' in the Avengers films falls flat for me.

Professional critics(can't believe that it's a profession) don't like comic book films that take themselves too seriously except when it comes to The Dark Knight.

#1144 fchowd0311, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did the Microsoft chatbot review it, yet?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Advanced Editor has a spoiler button

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I may be reaching in a few of these responses but that is my interpretation. Let me just add that Seclusion I have nothing but respect for you when it comes to comic book movies as you seem to actually know your stuff.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, she was disappointed that B'man and S'man didn't have secks.

9. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Okay here's a few things I want to say that stood out to me.

Did anyone notice the robin suit in the batcave with the "haha joke on you batman" or something like that. This means the Joker already took away batman's robin and either did two things- Killed robin or Batman killed joker and robin became the new joker. (I get confused on which is which). but that's besides the point. What matters is that moment messed batman up bad. That's why he was okay will killing people. His morals change, pretty sure alfred talked about this too.

This brings up my batman vs superman argument, when superman says "martha", batman gets flashbacks or whatever, and remembers why he does what he does. Not to kill, but to save. Taking away a child from his mother, batman basically becomes "humanized" again. That Robin thing messed him bad. This was just a reminder of who he really is and what he symbolizes.

Also..in different forms of the comics, batman used to carry a gun and batman used to kill. it's whatever.

again...It's a comic book movie guys, it's not a perfect realistic world. Just enjoy it lol

1 person likes this.
  10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Pretty much how interpreted it.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Probably 95% of the public has no clue who Captain Marvel is (I know the name, but have no clue of the her story). The WASP.....the same (atleast before the Ant-Man movie).

Wonder Women is probably know by 95% of the public (atleast are familiar with the 1970s Wonder Woman or Cartoon version). That name goes hand and hand with Batman and Superman. That alone makes the percentages of a big box office more likely.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

WW needed to be introduced more for context in this DC Universe. Same with Batman. Yes, everyone knows the basic Batman story in general...but not in this version of the DC universe. This is different than Nolan's Batman movies. This version of Batman is different.

As for Captain Marvel...again. That character is so unknown by the general public.....it is going to be hard for her to carry a movie.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Just saw it. It is in line with what I thought. Worth seeing but pretty much everything until the climax was pretty weak sauce. Snyder tells a terrible story especially when he can't narrate it.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

LOL. These nitpicks you made you can make for all superhero movies, if not more than you listed.

15. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I appreciate your concerns for the movie. All are pretty rational but it's a comic book movie. It's not like it is based on a true story, just a combination of pieces from all of the different DC comics. Avengers is pretty flawed but they are given a pass because the movies are more fun.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. The recoil of the pistol to bust the pearl necklace was a very nice touch. Too bad, the rest of the movie wasn't all that great.

Did anybody else think that aquaman was gonna rescue Lois in the water scene and bring up the kryptonite staff to save the day and then disappear into the water again?

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I refer you to my dozens of posts over the years since this movie was announced. I've been nothing but a cheerleader for it and certainly, up until seeing it, I was the primary cheerleader for the film on this board. I wasn't "LOOKING for something to hate on." And I don't mind dark movies (I heart Lars Von Trier, who is possibly the darkest filmmaker around and I make "dark" plays for a living). I wasn't put off that it was "dark." I was put off that it was dumb. I was impossibly giddy as the movie began. I was looking for things to love. Nobody here wanted to love the movie more than I did. It sucked all the excitement out of me.

I grant you your opinion and I believe it matters every bit as much as my own but I don't ascribe false reasons for your opinions just because we disagree as you do.

Every reason BvS lovers have posted to explain away the bad reviews has been a straw man. I love dark movies, I wanted to love this movie and did for the first minutes, and I'll take DC over Marvel every time. I'm a lifelong Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and Justice League fan.

When a movie is scoring 29% on RT it's not necessary to explain away people not liking it. It's not a mystery. You're in the minority in your response, not me. Please don't accuse me of not loving the movie I've looked forward to all my life for inappropriate reasons. I've explained at length why this movie didn't work for me. Do me the small favor of not ascribing false biases to me.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe what the DC franchise needs is a little bit of Wolverine. he's im everything, why not drop him in here? Or maybe some more Jennifer Lawrence.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5.5/10. It's not awful, but it's not something to write home about.

(-) Pacing problems (first 2/3 seemed to drag on forever)
    (-) Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (I didn't like his interpretation of it at all. His speech was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've witnessed in a long time.)

(+) Action was what I was expecting. If only there was more of it.
    (+) Ben Affleck as Batman. Surprisingly did well in the role. I enjoyed his parts in the movie.

They should have had the part with the other Justice league members as an Easter egg instead of right at the climax. That felt out of place.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The look you get when you realize Batman doesn't like the new Batman movie.

1 person likes this.