1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Zack Snyder didn't need the arkyum asylum type dream sequences to explain why he wanted superman gone. The story he based it on(dark night returns 2) did a lot better job at explaining why batman was going head to head with him. The dark night returns has it as a father giving his son one last moral lesson before he dies. I liked it but thought he could have cut some out and added more to it. The fight could of been cool not just super sonic waves and machine guns.

I can totally see why the common person would be confused or uninterested but Zack did have to try to fit like 3 movies into one.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought that was great as well even though I'm a sure a lot of the general public was just like WTF? It does require a tad bit of knowledge of the character, personally loved it.

3. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I really wanted to enjoy this movie but it was meh at best to me. The movie dragged out too long in some parts making it a little unbearable at times. If I were to base this on the last 40 minutes I would say its awesome, but it takes way too long and not very well paced. This movie could have been 30 minutes shorter. Ben Affleck did a great job as Batman, and I look forward to his solo movie.

I give it a 6/10. The movie has its moments but too many flaws that keep it from being a good movie.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Starting with the actors and actresses, here goes. Note that I have limited knowledge to these characters background. Jesse Eisenberg, I thought, played his role as a psychotic, manipulative villain. Ben Affleck was very good IMO. Bale was always how I imagined Bruce Wayne but Affleck had shown much more range than him. Gal Gadot was slightly below average and Amy Adams acting was always good but her character was just poorly written. Cinematography (art and music) was wel done, the major plus of the movie. story plot was horrible, no background or build up to how or why certain things transpired. It led to a lot of questions being asked. Plot holes are pretty much all over the place. It felt really unorganized. On a side note, can't be too harsh on Gadot since she's suppose to be a cameo character but I can't see her carry a movie on her own. Probably give it a 3/5. 2 if the cinematography wasn't good.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I enjoyed the movie. It has bumps, holes and rough edges all over the place but was fun to watch and having read lots of comic books back in my wee lad days I had not problem following the storyline.

It truly felt like a comic book come alive rather than a cinematic experience and I think that's where people who are used to Marvel's style (which is awesome) have a hard time getting it.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I just saw it. Definitely wasnt as bad as Batman Jones was babbling about. How he would compare this to batman v robin is beyond me. I'm a huge critic of movies and this one was decent. The fight scenes are way better than the marvel movies, most notably the avenger movies. They didnt feel cheesy at all.
    Overall a 8/10 for me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Remix

Remix Member

So after watching it I can see why it's getting around 30% on RT, but I personally enjoyed it and would give it around a 7/10.

A few thoughts

-Hated Snyder/Eisenbergs portrayal of a hybrid Lex/Joker/Riddler. That was not Lex freaking Luthor

-I was skeptical of the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman but I can buy into it now. Also helps she's freaking gorgeous

-Not considering this as a spoiler since it was in the trailers, but the scene where Superman takes off Batman's mask as he is tied up felt forced and wasn't needed at all. Felt like they threw that in just to further reiterate the whole BvS theme.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This, for me, except im not a huge critic. I'd give it around an 8.3. 6.3 for the first 2/3rds of the movie and 10 for the last part cz that was just all kinds of comic book goodness come to life. First 2/3rds could've been paced better but had things thrown in for people who know about the dc world that I loved which made up for it. I didn't like the flash which really bothered me bc I love the flash. Should've found a way to use gustin.

For reference Id give
    MOS 7.4 I liked it more than most
    TDK 10 this is the standard that won't be passed
    Avengers 8.2
    Iron Man 8.5
    TWS 8.9
    GOTG 7.5
    Deadpool 8
    Everything else is pretty much between 5 and 7

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Sigh.. i hope they meet or excel box office expectations, because i surely dont want them to start over anything. I want to see the next one. We're already come this far.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wb-batman-v-superman-faces-high-expectations-1201729887/

11. solodolo

solodolo Member

Fans are gonna love it regardless of the reviews

I enjoyed but it was because ben Affleck was perfect as batman to me .

The actor as superman has always been a disappointment to me . Just no emotion at all he's so blah

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Because I paid for my ticket months ago and because I'm still a huge fan of Batman and Superman even if this new version is terrible. Plus, there is something intriguing about watching a train wreck in motion.

13. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

I take issue with the Superman being overly morose but it's not Henry Cavill's fault. It's the way the character is being written. Cavill has the look down solid and there are moments when he is allowed to shine that everything just falls into place.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Are there problems with the movie? Sure....but it is no where as bad as critics are saying. I liked better than Age of Ultron and Antman.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTW...this is the best portrayal of comic book Batman in a Movie. It's not even close. Comic Batman is brutal and does kill. I can't wait for the stand alone Batman movie with Affleck.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Age of Ultron was a big pile of crap

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I think this is just cz he's beginning and everything's supposed to be that way with like half the world hating him and the whole world dealing with the fact that there's aliens. I think after what happened in this movie the world will start to appreciate superman and then he'll become the normal superman everybody expects to be portrayed in these movies. I like the conflicted superman and what they're trying to setup. I love marvel movies for what they do and I love dc for trying something different. It's interesting atleast. i think if they go forward, the movies not with Snyder at the helm will do well because they're not trying to do the impossible movie wise that Snyder is with launching the universe imho

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Anyone else just ****ing love this comic style batman?! Superman was ok but batman stole the show. I cannot wait for suicide squad. That joker looks sick. I'm going to see the movie again on Sunday. The last hour of the movie was balls to the walls and pussys to the pavement l, lit mutha ****a

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Don't get me wrong I liked the dark knights but this batman was true to the ****ing streets. They even gave him some batman like **** to do while superman was off doing some superman like ****. Damn I'm pumped! Air boxing baby I'm lit as ****

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I was also pleasantly surprised at that zombieland p***y being a sick ass lex. He was ****ing on one