1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It seems you aren't going to see it for disaster p*rn or for a love of bungled movies. Why then, with this new information, do you still plan to stick with a decision from "long ago" and go see this "turd".

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BvS...will do its job......setup other movies. It may have been too ambitious to put all in one movie....but its done. With that said,
    Suicide Squad becomes VERY IMPORTANT in terms of QUALITY Purposes. DC/WB cannot have 2 movies in a row where critics attack the movie. BvS can survive critics. Suicide Squad already has a much better buzz about it.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So it's job was to setup other movies rather than to just be a good movie.

This is the fundamental problem with many blockbuster movies nowadays.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I imagine its original goal was to raise interest for other DC movies by being a good DC movie. But now they will settle for just setting up other movies.

Good job, Warner Bros. Great job.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

On my way to the theatre. I guess I'll know for myself finally in a few hours whether I like this or not.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Movies turned into TV shows. I'm fine with planning a trilogy or something but wanting to create a CU that keeps going until the well runs dry is too much. The releases are too far apart for that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwXfv25xJUw?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1006 Bandwagoner, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Let me guess. You haven't seen the movie yet.

8. Batman Jones

I appreciated how faithful it was apart from the major change to the ending, but I wouldn't say I actually "enjoyed" it. I thought it was fine. Certainly better than Man of Steel or the latest film. I think it would have made a better HBO series than a movie but I wasn't really "against" it. I'd give it maybe a 6.5/10. Meanwhile I'd give Man of Steel a 3/10 and BvS about a 3.1/10 which is right where the tomato-meter is now.

Alternately I'd give The Dark Knight a 9.5, Batman Begins a 9, and the third Nolan Batman a 7.5. But I didn't want to see another Nolan film. I wanted the DCU where Batman and the rest of the JL co-exist. I just didn't want it to be so dull.

I'd give Burton's Batman movies about 7/10.

I genuinely believed this would be my favorite film of all of them. I could not have been more wrong. I hated Schumaker's take as much as anyone but I'd be hard pressed to say which I'd rather seen again: one of his or this one. I guess I'd rather sit through BvS again if push came to shove. So it was better than Schumaker. For what that's worth.

I am so sorry to be such a bummer about this. I truly believed it would prove all the haters wrong.

1 person likes this.
  9. Batman Jones

Not if DC/WB decides it was too much of a flop and that will come down to box office. If the movie does as poorly as the reviews suggest it will DC/WB won't hesitate to pull the plug on their plans and start over in which case it will have set up nothing.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are correct. Just going by what fans have told me.

I'll wait until it hits Redbox, or maybe until they start playing it on TNT. But to be fair that's been my position since this movie was announced (more specifically, since it was confirmed that Snyder would direct this).

11. Remix

Remix Member

Pretty disappointing every time I go to RT the rating for this keep doing down. Then again with Snyder directing I never got my hopes up.

None the less this, I love superhero movies and the ratings won't stop me from seeing this movie tomorrow. Just hoping I don't walk out the thatre with a wtf was that feeling

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So I just got out of the movie, and maybe it's because I lowered my expectations with the bad reviews but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't want to say much more than that right now.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Man, it's at an even lower score than when it first came out.

WTF, DC?

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, in using logic (and applying it to comic book properties, lol), Superman and the other godly heroes can't be everywhere at once. Their mission is to protect the world from evil; if Superman is fending off evil in Metropolis, he can't exactly rush over to Coast City to help it defend against another form of evil - cue Green Lantern. Batman, Gotham, Flash, Central City, etc.

Forming a league of superpowered people and people with the means to do something about combating evil is better than going at it alone.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure if Snyder is the problem

darn

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn, this was f**king awesome!!!!

Incredible entertainment. The audience I saw it with seemed to love it given its standing ovation at the end. I really liked Wonder Woman's theme.

:)

17. Batman Jones

I'm glad you did. I hope a lot of people do. I don't have a stake in this movie failing. Even though I was disappointed by it I want it to do well.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

saw the 6pm xd/3d showing in webster.

wouldn't say it was awesome, but i was entertained. wasn't a dc comic fan growing up (valiant and marvel), so as an average moviegoer this was fun.

only knew of the tomatometer score, but didn't get into the reason why it scored low. will check'em out later.

audience also applauded at the end of this showing.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Please keep us updated. Freaking thrilling.

1 person likes this.
  20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

**** the critics! This was a fun movie! The trailers have shown you nothing.