1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I tend to like the longer ears more as well, but I have no problem with them going with TDKR's look - because the series was so damn good (and why I fell in love with Batman as a kid). I also don't think the long ears would look right in the mech suit.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

New Batman costume looks awesome, k thx bai.

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

We got the first look at Lex Luthor...thoughts? Haven't heard anyone spill any opinions as to their first impression of his appearance. Perhaps because we only see seconds of him.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

A lot of people don't like it / him. I'm guessing we'll see him go bald by the end of the movie (I could be wrong, I just remember seeing set photos of him with his head covered). I like him as an actor, but a lot of the stupid **** he says and his general demeanor in real life are a turn off though.

I'm guessing some people may have been yelling unpleasant things at him during comic-con mixed in with the positive, but he definitely comes off as a douchebag. I realize that's more answer than you were looking for, but yeah.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was skeptical of all this until I started reading your posts here. I was a HUGE fan of the last trilogy of Batman movies. The Dark Knight is among my top five favorite movies of any genre.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When I heard the casting of Eisenberg for the Luthor role I shook my head. And I am shaking my head again after seeing him in the trailer.

I think the movie as a whole looks good, but really dislike Eisenberg's Luthor. I want to root against Luthor because he is a bad ass - not because he is an irritating hipster douche. Cheap heat.

In MAN OF STEEL I was initially dubious about Michael Shannon playing Zod, but he proved me wrong. He did that role well and played the role with a lot of intensity. Maybe Eisenberg will be similar in the movie, but I am having serious doubts.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The choice of Ben Affleck surprised me.

Eisenberg seems more of a Joker role, but casting decisions aren't what's wrong with Zac Snyder movies when things go horribly bad.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I was a huge fan of the Nolan movies too. And I absolutely hated Man of Steel. I found it almost aggressively charmless. I am also not a fan of Affleck the actor. I think he pretty much always looks like a dopey frat boy. And I'm very put off by Leto's Joker. And yet I've never been so excited for a movie in my life. In my life. Since I was a child I've wanted nothing more than to see the characters I grew up with on film together. Even if the movie were bad I'd just be happy to see them on screen together. But everything I've seen and heard about this movie tells me it's going to be amazing. I actually have some level of hope it could be the best Batman-Superman story ever told.

9. Batman Jones

Michael Shannon has never been less than great in any role. He was impossibly great on Boardwalk Empire.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's the best way I can describe MOS. I was checking my watch while watching it. If you are trying to go the drama heavy serious route, the movies really need to be good because it doesn't leave wiggle room. My dislike for that movie has basically left a terrible taste in my mouth for the whole universe they are trying to create.

I love Batman, but I am at best mildly excited for this one. I hope it's great and we have 2 comic universes operating simultaneously.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Technically 3. Fox has their own Marvel based universe they're trying to push. Deadpool and Xmen are definitely in the same universe (Colossus will be in Deadpool), and there's rumors of a Fantastic Four/Xmen cross over (which will suck dicks).

Edit: Forgot Gambit will be set in that "universe" also.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

While I've liked most of the X-Men films, the fact that they have recasted basically all the roles, and have retconned quite a few times, it make it hard to feel like a true "universe" ala what Marvel has successfully built.

But I have loved the last 2 and the Wolverine, so maybe they can build one that starts with first class, largely ignoring everything prior, which i would be cool with. As long as they entertain, I'm watching. Which brings me back to why I didn't love Man of Steel.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean that is semantics. You can call it whatever you like, they have 4-5 movies set in that "universe" coming out in the next 2 years. I'm using their words, not mine.
    They're considering the end of Days of the Future Past a new beginning.

14. toby

toby Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This Movie better be UNREAL

Rocket River

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-budget-justice-league/

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

It is definitely not gonna meet those expectations....

That's the kind of budget you spend on a franchise like Star Wars. Not a superhero movie, not even if it's your popular heroes.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the idea is that this is the setup for their whole franchises
    but man . . . .that is an ugly number

Rocket River

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

19. Batman Jones

I loved them too but I didn't love that they didn't allow for Batman to interact with any other DC heroes, even including Robin. They were perfect for what they were. And I agree The Dark Knight was one of the great movies ever and I don't think anyone will ever touch Ledger's Joker. Also, I don't like Affleck as an actor.

But this really does look amazing. And the reports about the script and from the few that have seen screenings are all unabashed raves.

1 person likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Poor Superman. He's a little naive to this world. He's easily manipulated by evil to think he's doing right.

It takes Batman to set him straight.

Superman's second weakness to Kryptonite is smarts guys with a plan fielding awesome gadgets, third is boobs.