1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Not worried about Eisenberg's height. It's not like Lex is naturally a physical match for Superman anyway.

After the initial reaction and subsequent flip flop on Heath Ledger's Joker, I'm willing to withhold judgement on the casting until the movie comes out.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't be silly by being patient. Make the call now on whether it will be good or not. Before you actually see the movie.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The SDCC panel is well worth a watch... and it is funny, because Afleck looks like he is absolutely pissed for having to be there, yet he ends up stealing the show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pXP-uvc7DZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, dat grapple though (and clear homage to The Dark Knight Returns) - http://gfycat.com/AltruisticRipeHen

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am still worried
    Even in the Trailer he sounds week and a bit too silly for Lex to me

I am on of the few that was not uberimpressed by Ledger's Joker
    He did well . .. but not to the extent everyone else took it
    Seems more of a low expectations made it seem more than it was
    Still a Solid Job by him

I don't think Eisenberg will pull that off

Rocket River
    He even has hair . . .. and looks like a very young Lex

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't think it's even possible to overstate Ledger's brilliance as The Joker. He absolutely deserved the Oscar. Most brilliant portrayal of anyone in a superhero movie but so much more than that -- possibly the greatest reimagining of any iconic fictional character in modern cinema.

Leto has a lot of balls to try to follow that performance and nothing I've seen of his Joker gives me any confidence at all. And the tattoos and grill are ridiculous. Otherwise Suicide Squad looks amazing.

I feel the same way about Eisenberg/Luthor. I'm not at all sold on him and I don't expect to enjoy his performance but there is so much else to be excited about with this movie I don't even care. I'm stunned that you're not sold on Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman. The three seconds she got in the trailer were enough to give me all the confidence in the world in her. I think she was an amazing choice.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're nuts. Ledger made Jack's Joker completely forgettable. He definitely deserved an oscar for that performance, and only didn't get one due to the stigma around superhero movies.

He completely owned every single scene he was in, he entirely made that movie.

#606 seclusion, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Batman Jones

I thought he did win the Oscar.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agree on all points completely but especially on Gal Gadot as WW. She is perfect for the role.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I stand corrected. And he damn well deserved it, too bad he wasn't alive to see it.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think his death sewed it up for him
    lest the 'stigma of a superhero movie' prevent it.

I never said his portrayal wasn't good
    Just that I though it was still overrated

Then again . . I found all those Nolan films a bit overrated

Rocket River

11. Svpernaut

Heretic!

Seriously though, to each their own... but I don't understand how people don't look at The Dark Knight as the best comic book movie of all time. To me it isn't even close.

Hell, the opening bank robbery sequence was a cinematic masterpiece. I still remember watching the sneak peak in IMAX before I Am Legend, one of the most memorable movie moments in my entire life.

12. Batman Jones

I'm with you. I got to see The Dark Knight early thanks to Clutch who gave me a pass. I watched the film with him and Jeff Balke. Two of my favorite things at once: Batman and clutchfans.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to watching this.

...then complain about it on Clutchfans while the credits roll.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

meh, the book was clearly better.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That belongs in the book thread!!! Spoiler that ******!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

#615 Invisible Fan, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

his ears could def be longer

17. Batman Jones

They're going for a very specific, classic look. Longer ears aren't consistent with that look. I couldn't possibly love the costume more. It's the first time in Batman movie history that we're seeing Batman the way he looks in the comics.

1 person likes this.
  18. Batman Jones

If you mean TDKR, the film seems to borrow a few ideas and some style from it but it's not the same story at all. This is a completely new story.

19. Svpernaut

They are paying homage to The Dark Knight Returns, what is arguably the most popular Batman run in history, and easily a fan favorite.

[​IMG]

Snider even makes it quite clear that he is respects the source material...
    http://gfycat.com/AltruisticRipeHen
    <iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/AltruisticRipeHen" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1280" height="720" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

Also, interesting read - io9 breaks down the trailer.

http://io9.com/lets-break-down-all-the-secrets-in-batman-v-supermans-1717576234

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

all right, all right.

I did not dig Adam West's batman costume that much though. He had little horns as well.

There is hope they made it better.