1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This line of reasoning always cracks me up on the comic book BBS I visit. They're all "imaginary stories." None of them are "real."

2. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Agreed! DC Animated Films are where the real movie adaptations are at. With the exception of The Dark Knight, Bruce Timm and the animated films have done such a better job of bringing DC characters to film.

Killing Joke is definitely some heavy material, but it's going straight to video so will only be seen by true fans (especially if they get Hamill on board). They've gone dark before too with The Flash Paradox, which was one of the better films in the DC Animated Film catalog.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I actually like a lot of the casting, including some of the offbeat stuff, but how on EARTH are they going to fit all these plot elements into one film unless it's either: 4 hours long, or a steaming hot mess. I mean... Wonder Woman too?

Odds are: steaming hot mess.

I mean... may as well get Apache Chief in there, right?

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So why is Batman beefing with Superman?

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Because supes destroyed metropolis and batman sees him as a threat seeing how he's an alien and all.

6. SexyButIgnorant

Watching the trailer helps

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well as I stated earlier much of the film had logical problems. Basically they did things because they needed to for the plot not because it made sense. I don't want to talk too much about this because when the movie came out me and my friends had a big debate about it and I'm sick of talking about it. We all know superman's parents are supposed to die but the way the film is written they could have saved themselves they just didn't. Young superman saved a bus full of people and it was also said by his dad "uncle ben" or whatever you want to call him that people had seen him save before. So now your dad is about to die and you can save him but you don't because you don't want people to see you? really. Yeah sorry dad you have to die because people who can't hurt me might react badly, it's ridiculous. That is only two things wrong with the movie.

8. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

I agree with everything you said. I'll be honest, my full DC bias allows me to bypass said criticisms and still tolerate the movie because I so badly want this new universe and series of movies to work and hopefully outperform Marvel. I just think DC has a lot to offer and I want people to like it.

Thanks for explaining, man. Much appreciated.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I completely understand growing up I loved DC comics more than Marvel, aside from Xmen. I used to watch the justice league cartoons but Marvel is just better at making the movies.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Pretty cool.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This movie has all the precision of Spider-Man 3. I want to be surprised...and I'm sure I'll see it...but.....

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks outstanding.

I am super hyped.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The part where Superman rips the top off the Batmobile and Batman stands up to look him eye to eye sent chills up my spine. I hope they don't **** this movie up.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

She did exactly the same thing in Entourage, and of course she's in that ESPN body issue. And of course all the sociopath interviewers asking if she would fight Floyd Mayweather or something.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Gal Gadot is gorgeous. Still not a huge fan of Eisenberg as Luthor. Was really hoping for Walter White, but I guess he's too old.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Isn't lex supposed to be old, Bryan Cranston would have been perfect.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This. The man of steel trailer was amazing. I could watch it now and be pumped all over again even though I know the finished product was mediocre at best. I'll go into this one not expecting a whole lot.

Gal Gadot is freaking beautiful though.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No I think he's mostly been drawn as early to mid 40s but not old by any stretch. I only speak from my experience with the Timmverse though, which means it always hard to imagine a better Lex than Clancy Brown......

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It does look Good
    Still not Sold on Wonder Woman

Rocket River

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Lex's age in this arc is relative to Superman's, and since Kal is probably in his late 20s in Man of Steel Lex should be around the same age plus or minus a few years. Batman's age is clearly older in this timeline, especially after seeing Robin's costume (Jason Todd) with Joker's graffiti on it (presuming Robin is dead).

Batman vs. Superman looks to take place soon after Man of Steel, if not immediately after.