1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I liked both of them a lot. Didn't realize people didn't like them. The other two without him before Nolan reboot were just plain terrible.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Saw it again last night- still blown away.

I was thinking though, I know Nolan originally wanted the Riddler (played by DiCaprio) instead of Bane- but as far I know he was going to keep Marion Cotillard's character
    (Talia al-ghul)
    how would that have worked out?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why didn't DiCaprio's Riddler work out?

I think they would have pretty much done the same thing in the end and have Riddler be Talia's general. Would probably change the whole back story of getting out of the well, though. We could also see Scarecrow have a more prominent role with the Riddler.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't know about (or remember) the DiCaprio thing. It could have been cool, DeCaprio definitely brings weight to the big screen but he always seems to play the same character. I always see DiCaprio... it's hard to see a different character. He can act, but he always acts the same. Am I crazy?

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed the 2 Burton films too but they changed so much about the characters that it feels more like an elseworld type story.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

WB were the ones pushing hard for a DiCaprio Riddler but Nolan didn't want to because it was a character too similar to the Joker. He wanted someone that could go head to head physically and mentally with Batman.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYOBrWcC.x?p=1" width="720" height="433" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYOBrWcC" style="display:none"></embed>

10. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7enjABApKWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

ehhh, that wasn't funny at all. What was that about:confused:

12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Came in to say this.

Creatively it was never going to be the Riddler. The studio even tried to push Nolan and co to do an even darker grittier Penguin at one point.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe it was the hype but I really wasnt a big fan of this movie. It was ok, but hardly as "epic" as most made it sound...and for me it was easily the worse of the 3.

It seemed to lose some of the grittiness, realism and over all edge. Bane came across as surprisingly mediocre, but maybe if I could have understood more of him he would have been more sinister. The knee and back being fixed was almost laughable. The first hour and a half just seemed like it could have been tightened up a lot. And i'm not sure why people are raving about the first scenes..they were good but no one near amazing.

I did think the last half hour was good though and liked the ending as well...although I wish some assclown hadn't spoiler'd the Robin part. Despite popular belief, just because someone hasnt seen the movie in the first 2 weeks does not give you the right to be an a-hole.

i give it a 7.5. Like i said, maybe it's a victim of being over hyped. I am looking forward to seeing it again in rental, because I really did want to like it more.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz because you just spoiled plenty of stuff in your review.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Don't go into a Batman thread, after the premier of the Batman movie if you don't want to see people discuss....the Batman movie.

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Cillian Murphy, Eion Bailey, Christian Bale & Amy Adams Audition

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/589n5F8ygo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In one of these threads someone mentions Nolan dropping the ball on Batman's talent as a detective. And I'd agree (but not biggie). I think he built John Blake in that mold. He's the skilled detective. I imagine if they continued with that character as Batman we'd get more detective-y stuff.