1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The mood is different. This definitely doesn't feel like your average super hero movie.

It seems to appeal more to adults rather than children. Even the theme music behind Ultron speaking is pretty creepy. Like something you would use to advertise a horror or thriller flick. Also the scene near the end with Cap's shield broken and Thor's hammer lying there gets you thinking. Could they really.... regardless of what we know will happen.

One last thing, Ultron is known as one of their biggest foes. No way this movie ends without an epic fight to the death. I don't believe this will compare anything to the first Avengers but in a good way.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's a song from Pinocchio. Strings and all that.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

All hulk shots:

[​IMG]

Nerd Speculation about a new Avenger (spoilered):

Andy Serkis Rumored To Be Playing Ulysses Klaw In Avengers: Age Of Ultron

[​IMG]

With the release of the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, it looks like Andy Serkis role in the film might have been revealed. It was known that Serkis was playing a role in the film in addition to being a motion capture consultant, but his role had been a secret.

Rumors had circulated that he would be playing Ulysses Klaw, and the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer does show Serkis looking very much like the animated version of Ulysses Klaw. If Serkis is indeed Ulysses Klaw, it is important for another very big reason.
    Klaw is the arch-enemy of the Black Panther, which would suggest that Black Panther might be introduced in the film as well. Could Marvel Studios have cast an actor as Black Panther and managed to keep it secret during filming?

Avengers: Age of Ultron is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 1, 2015.

#103 Xerobull, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pinocchio or not that **** is creepy as f** k.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man, I was already balls deep into this movie before that.

Yet somehow I'm even more excited, that is how you do a trailer. Marvel can keep having my money as long as they keep me entertained.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

interesting....

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's an Iron Man Russian nesting doll.

I'm a casual comic book observer. I'm aware of the Hulk Buster armor, but I didn't realize Stark would be in that suit while still wearing another Iron Man suit.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

proportional to the car in the trailer shouldn't both the hulk and the hulkbuster be way bigger (not that i care)?

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hulk is about 7-9 feet depending on the source, so...no not really. It looks fine.

Yep, pretty nifty huh? Double the protection -- he's going to need it trying to go toe to toe with one of the most powerful Marvel characters. (at times he's been arguably the most powerful)

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

On the shot where Hulk reacts to the buster stomping and turns around to see it, I believe Hulk is maybe a few to ten feet behind the cars, which give us a perspective making him look smaller. But, yes, you are right, they should be bigger, from the last movie. :eek:

Lastly, I do not believe it's Stark in there, Cannonball, I think the empty Iron Man and Hulkbuster armor is probably Jarvis under Ultron's control, at least from what I see developing in the story. I am also a casual comic book nerd myself, and am aware that Iron man and Hulk have gone against each other.

#110 SwoLy-D, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Hulkbuster is already enough for me, can't wait.

On a nerd tangent, I wish they would just keep IM's head exposed instead of the Juggernaut-y double helmet. It looks cooler that way IMHO. He could duck his head in like a turtle to avoid direct hits.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nevermind.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

*shrug* that's the way it looks in the comics.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fine!

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Also to add to the Ulysses Klaw thing that Xerobull pointed out it appears a portion of the movie will take place in Africa so this adds to the speculation.

I strongly believe Black Panther will show in the movie. More then likely he will be in his full Black Panther garb the whole time(and we won't see his face) as I don't think they have cast the actor they want to have in a solo Black Panther movie as of yet. Fingers crossed

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Agree and disagree. I think it's more likely we either see non-costumed Black Panther, or just hear references to him. I'll be truly surprised if we see the actual "hero" version. I think we'd have heard of him being cast by now. Plus with already adding Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch I don't think they want to go overboard.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marvel and BET had a very briefly lived Black Panther Animated Series
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lL1IpmuHff8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With Djimon Honsou voicing the Black Panther. He might make a pretty good Black Panther in live action and has the presence and acting chops to stand up in an Avengers movie.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised to see Quicksilver in the trailer as I thought 20th C. Fox had the film rights to that character.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

RED REDDINGTON versus the Avengers!

Seriously, being a huge The Blacklist fan....hard to hear that voice without thinking of him as Red.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not happening. He was already in Guardians -- Korath the pursuer.
    With that said he was the perfect person to play him, not sure why they brought him in for Guardians instead. It was such a minor role.

They share rights for him and Scarlet Witch. Marvel can't mention them being mutants or related to Magneto, and Fox can't mention them being related to the Avengers.