1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I loved man of steel and Batman trilogy.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Loved the movie.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm pretty that's the case, but I'm not sure how clearly that came across. I would've preferred him to just be a baddie all the way through and leave the humor to the other characters.

I like dark superhero movies. I like the Marvel movies as well. I think they could've made AoU just a little darker by not giving Ultron that little bit of "Stark-ness" that they did. It made him seem less "Villain-y" to me.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just saw it.

Not as good as the first, but not bad. Some unnecessary fluff with Hawkeye and the love angle with Bruce and Natasha felt forced and not quite right. I also lost track of characters a couple times in that fight. Feel like Thor disappeared for a bit, and then for some reason Ultron wants to fight him one on one really bad? Eh, whatev.
    6.5/10

5. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Agreed. Competent but otherwise pretty terrible. X-men movies keep getting better but Avenger movies getting worse and worse.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

boring just like the boxing fight

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There were some exceptional visuals. The fight toward the end that kinda went 360° as if on a revolving rotunda reminded me of the Avengers comic book action scenes.

But I felt it was much ado about nothing. Too much noise and fury, when it could've used more scenes like the Thor's-hammer bit after the party.

Worth seeing, to be sure. They need to get a different director, though (much like del Toro would have breathed new life into the Tolkien books, like "thank God!" George Lucas sold away his movies so he can't eff up another, like producer Christopher Nolan should have seized Dawn of Justice from Zach Snyder....)

I kinda prefer films like Winter Soldier that involve no more than three of the superhoes. Putting an entire group up there is difficult.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Team-ups are fun, though! I'd rather see the entire Justice League than just Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash.

DoFP featured too much Jackman and Lawrence. Hope Apocalypse will get back to what made First Class so good.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, Whedon is done. The Russo Brothers, who directed Winter Soldier and will also direct Civil War, are going to direct Infinity Wars too.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure why Whedon is being called out, though. Avengers was good, AoU was a little too much humor / other stuff. Whedon is leaving of his own accord, but going 1/2 in huge blockbusters ain't bad.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think it's safe to say he went 2/2.

AoU isn't getting the overwhelming praise the first one did, but the large majority liked it. There is a reason sequels to great movies are usually so hard, particularly this movie which may have been the most hyped ever. He delivered a really good, although not perfect, movie.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Just saw it, it was alright. Great use of cgi.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What about the opening scene? The CGI looked surprisingly bad there.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The only cgi in the movie that looked bad was Ultron looked a bit cartoony. Everything else was pristine.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When I finally got around to watching some Firefly, the constant attempts at humor kind of drove me crazy. I wonder if it's a Whedon thing. (I realize I am treading on sacred ground there for some -- apologies.)

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Time to pack your stuff and go home, B-Bob.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You need to lighten up Francis.

Avengers was goo dish, 7 out of 10 for me.

I fell asleep during some of the attempts at story telling, but only briefly.

DD

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I dunno. A lot of things could have flowed better / been done, better.

- Too much cheesy dialogue
    - Random romance between you know who
    - The reveal of Wakanda was underwhelming
    And, of course, QS dying instead of Hawkeye.

I wish Black Panther would have shown up in the movie. Not Chadwick Boseman, per se, but a dude in BP gear overlooking the Avengers as they leave his country.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:confused: Uhhh. I'm light. I love laughing and laugh often. I just didn't laugh at Firefly. I do laugh at a lot of your basketball posts though. So thanks for that. :)

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I saw it last night and was underwhelmed. In a lot of ways James Spader helped keep it from being a total disappointment. It seems weird to say that there was boring action, but that's kind of how it felt.