1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Now that would not shock me at all.
    Iron Man was a Guardian at the beginning of the new run leading up to the Guardians movie. How slick would that be? I liked his suit better for Guardians also [​IMG]

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Do you happen to know how many pictures RDJ agreed to do in his new deal with Marvel? If its as many as the guy that plays Bucky then I could see this happening.

I would like it more if Iron Man showed up in other movies instead of solo. Iron Man 2 and 3 did not impress me much.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah, nothing like that. RDJ is a special case at this point. I know he's signed on for Civil War, and Avengers 3 but since that movie is split in 2 and considering these new rumors
    I think he may only be in Avengers 4 (Infinity war part 2).

If he signed up for anything else it would be on a case by case basis I think. I also believe that Chris Evans has 1 more movie in his contract after Cap 3,
    that definitely lines up with these rumors about none of the big 3 being in Avengers 3 and all of them being in Avengers 4.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He added Civil War, that's the only new contract, but he was already sealed up for Avengers 3 (before it got split into 2 movies). I get the idea that he's done with Iron Man but open to showing up in other Marvel films.

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Didn't he just recently sign on for a 4th Iron Man also???

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nope. Just cap 3 and avengers 3 (4).

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cool promos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

1st party promos? If so, man... they're real, real proud of the Hulk Buster bit aren't they?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't follow the comics, but why would Hulk and Iron Man fight? I thought Hulk is good now since Bruce has full control in the Avengers. Either that or Iron Man turns into a bad guy for a few hours.

10. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Possibly Scarlet Witch is controlling him... or he's mad at Stark for creating Ultron. Only way to find out is watching the movie, breh.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I see... I'd have to look up Scarlet Witch. I thought she was a good guy.

Also I thought Hulk vs Iron Man is from the comics? I think I heard that somewhere.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Spoilerish info. I think the Hulk vs Hulkbuster is setting up a solo Hulk movie version of the below:

Hulk vs Hulkbuster Iron Man is from the World War Hulk story arc, which was preceded by the Planet Hulk story in the Hulk comic.

To set up Planet Hulk, a group of superhero team leaders decided to shoot hulk into space to eliminate him from the Earth as he was essentially a radical force of nature, destroying everything he came into contact with. He lands on a violent world and ends up becoming king, Conan style. The planet goes into an apocalyptic meltdown due to a bomb on his earth spaceship, but his native wife dies before he can escape. They also have a kid that ends up staying on the planet.

He comes back to Earth, accompanied by his super-powerful alien posse, determined to have his revenge. Thats the World War Hulk storyline, where the Hulkbuster Ironman vs Hulk scene happens. Most of it goes down in New York City, but we all know east coast media thinks that NYC is the world, hence the 'World' part of WW Hulk.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are a ton of theories out there. Judging from the list of planned films I wouldn't hold my breath for that one to come true.
    It could be Ultron controlling an Iron Man suit fighting against a good Hulk. I've heard there might be a Grey Hulk. Nobody knows yet for sure. At least 5 more theories out there.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm fairly positive Hulk is being controlled by Scarlet Witch. During the commercial you see Hulk kick a vehicle right into 2 police officers. We also need additional conflict that will cause Stark to kind of go to the dark side in Civil War. This would be a solid start. I'm sure he also finds out Winter Soldier killed his dad and that doesn't help.

15. droxford

droxford Member

I was under the impression that the Hulk can't control the focus of his rage. Whatever pisses off Banner is the focus of the Hulk's rage. If the bad guys piss him off, Hulk is good and attacks the bad guys. If the good guys piss him off, Hulk attacks everybody.

No?

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's not really a clear cut thing. In the movies he's slowly progressed to the point of the last Avengers movie (at the end) where he was able to turn into Hulk instantly, of his own volition.

Prior to that Loki's influence made him turn on the Shield helicarrier, and thus he attacked anyone and everyone.

In the comics it varies, there's a lot of points where Hulk is mind controlled and attacks friends. There's just as many others where Hulk is actually running the show (and talks), and only attacks bad guys.

It really just varies. I think in the MCU they're moving more towards Hulk being a full on hero, but obviously that doesn't go over quite so well according to the trailers for AoU.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's my guess.

Fans from both movies and comics should read Planet Hulk. Fairly nice and self contained where you don't need to know much history.

18. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I don't think Avengers made it clear enough what was happening.

His "I'm always angry" line was kind of cheesy, then he just quietly morphs into the Hulk. I think the transformation should have been a little more violent to drive home that his life is a constant struggle for control.

He doesn't gain control of his change, he just stops controlling his anger and lets the Hulk take over.

But it's hard to see that when he's so calm right before it happens and the Hulk is so calm immediately after.

As far as AoU, I don't know how they plan to handle Scarlet Witch, but I don't remember her ever being able to mind control people. Her power is more just probability alteration. If you're shooting at her and she hexes you, your gun will jam or the floor beneath you will suddenly give out, but she can't just make you not want to shoot her anymore.

It would make more sense to me if either Ultron built some transmitter that drove the Hulk nutty or (preferably) one of the Avengers is badly hurt by Ultron, Bruce blames Stark, Bruce flips out, Stark busts out the suit he knew he'd need, but hoped never to use.

Stark has to end up looking bad at the end to set up Civil War, so I'm hoping for that second option, or something similar.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't have a problem with the "I'm always angry line", I actually liked it. I do see your point though, it was somewhat abrupt -- I think that was intended to be the point though. That was a really awesome scene in my opinion. She's a lot more powerful than that (now). In House of M she said "No more mutants", and instantly almost wiped them out of existence. So her being able to mind control someone isn't really all that outlandish all things considered.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Spoiler below reflects something Ruffalo said about Ultron in a recent interview so don't click it if you don't want to be spoiled.
    Ruffalo recently said Banner created the Hulk Buster