1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Jun 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If the Mayans could see the end of the world, why couldn't they see their own end?

;)

DD

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

How they disappeared off the surface of the earth still remains a mystery,and so that means we don't even know how they end do we? :p well, at least i have no idea.

Actually they'd just foreseen the natural cycle of the evolution itself,which some of the galactic movement would prolly wreak havoc upon our planet,and they call it Galactic Alignment.So far actually I still can't figure out how it's possible that when the Sun rises up in the line with the center of the Milky Way Galaxy would have anything to do with the end of the world.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This movie was dumb.

how can a wrench jam a motor designed to close a multi-ton door.

And to thing all of a sudden these leaders would listen to some scientist.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I watched it. It pulled me in less than Men Who Stare at Goats except 2012 wasn't clever, funny or original. It also cost probably 50x as much as MWSAG.

Seriously, after the second or third near death experience Cusack and family escape you just don't really care anymore. There is no adrenaline rush to be had in this movie and no emotional investment to be made in any of the characters.

Movie sucked.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cusack shouldn't be in this trash...but I guess this is his new lowpoint as an actor. The money must have been too good to pass up.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It's a paycheck movie, simple as that. Saw it yesterday and it's exactly what you'd expect it to be if you've ever seen an emmerich movie. Outside of the cliches my other biggest complaint was the length, jeezzz it just went on and on, made you wish the bloody world really would end just so you could stop watching this drivel.......

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

especially since it happens with far greater frequency than the History Channel would like you to believe. :grin:

8. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

:p lol,well,you have to admit,they did a terrific job to make some believe.:grin:

9. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

why do future American Presidents in movies are always African American? and no im not racist. :p

10. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

saw 2012 tonight and the theater was still decently packed (like 30% full) which is most of the good seats.

- The movie is almost 3 hrs long! (But overall, it goes by pretty quick)
    - The first 45-60 minutes is kind of slow but after that it is full on Armageddon mode!
    - The plot and acting is suuuuuper cheesy (I admire their dedication to maintaining character and plot development).
    - Special effects were pretty good and did not disappoint. Alot of the good scenes are shown in the trailer though but there is still plenty of destruction to go around.

Bottom Line: If you enjoyed Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, you will enjoy this movie.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Good movie, c'mon, just go and watch things get destroyed and find out what it would be like if the earth was really coming to an end. That's what the whole movie is about, it's notn supposed to be a compelling drama or anything like that.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Knowing WHEN the end of the world will happen doesn't mean you can stop it. :rolleyes:

Who told you they didn't see their own end? :confused: Did you ask them or researched it?
    They are MOVIES. Fiction, if you will. Back to the Future, if you will :eek:. "Mayor...! I am going to become a mayor! And I will clean up the streets!"

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Just watch the film last weekend.

100% created for those IMAX, 3D or 4D theatres or a future programme in amusement park. Is it happened to be a Disney's or Universal's film?

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Disagree strongly. Independence Day was a great movie. This was a bunch of special effects broken up by a few minutes of poor dialogue.