1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas's agent in Lithuanian: "it's a matter of time when D-MO gets traded"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by outlaw96, Dec 19, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes it is about chemistry and fit, DMO is a low post scorer who runs the foor very well.

We already have those things in others so he is out of his comfort range when he plays.

He will be a fine NBA player, but maybe not in Houston.

DD

#101 DaDakota, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As fans, we have been spoiled by former power forwards that were workhorses: Scola. Chuck Hayes. Carl Landry. These were guys that came off of the bench (at first Scola and Chuck did), but contributed with not only their instant offense (or defense for chuck), but by their energy. It became contagious within the offense to have a guy working so hard in limited minutes. Hell, Terrance Jones busted his A in those RARE times McHale called his number.

As talented as he is, DMo has always walked through the motions. He can hit a jumper, but when it's time to get bac to play an ounce of defense, you can't count on him. When it's time to swing the ball hard for ball movement, DMo is looking for his own shot or his pass is 3 seconds too slow. When it's time to make a defensive stop during an opponent's run, DMo won't run out at his man, or he'll allow the weakest of PFs to push him so deep into the paint that it's an automatic bucket or another foul.

Obviously, this is an opinion based on observations, interviews, comments by teammates and coaches and my observations from a coaching/playing standpoint but:

Dmo is not playing because he is mentally NOT in the game. Period. He is too indifferent to the offense, definitely the defense and the aspect of being a hard worker, and this is why he rots on the bench. Yet, even during games, you can notice DMo not really encouraging the guys playing, watching the skits during time outs and being totally, well, indifferent about the game and its outcome.

DMo is SEVERELY OVERRATED by this board. My damn, some posters put him in the same breath as Luis Freakin' SCOLA! Now, that's a power forward that has the same type of game as DMo, but has the work ethic, drive and investment in every minute spent on the court. DMo's lack of playing time is due to the numbers game, but also because he isn't the same player from day to day.

Here's the thing: DMo is way more talented on the offensive end than Greg. But, despite Greg's raw offense, bad fouls and missteps, he gives his all every time he's put in the game.

DMo comes in like it's a preseason scrimmage, and that's what drives me crazy.

Bring me Chuck Hayes any damn day of the week. With him, you know you're getting TOTAL commitment to the team and his role as a player. Same with Scola. Same with Landry. Shoot, Jeff Adrian wanted to play more than Dmo cares.

I'm not a fan of a guy with that much talent, but so many mental and psychological roadblocks to positively contribute to a winning team culture.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

Fine get rid of him too. Soft ***

4. nobie

nobie Member

Codman, Dmo is exception at ball movement and passing. I was interested in what your arguments where, but when i see something as r****ded as this, i cant read any more of your wall of text. Dmo passes the ball immediately once he gets. He is unselfish and will make assist. Opponent score easily over Dmo? how about no? there was thread couple weeks ago about how opponents versus Dmo have one of the lowest shooting % in the league.

1 person likes this.
  5. basketballholic

Good post.

You can sum it all up with this: DMo has an attitude of entitlement. He wants the ball delivered to him and he wants to score the ball. He doesn't want to do the dirty work. He wants things on-court to be catered to him.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He suppose to be the next Dirk remember. LOL

Dude had his chances and he blew them. The starting PF position was gift wrapped to him last season when we traded both Patterson and Morris. This summer he had his chance and he blew it. Therfore it's indeed on him.

Grant him his wish and get joker out of here.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I can't blame DMO

He has never been given a fair chance. He never plays long minutes and when he plays, Rockets don't play to his strength which is the low post. Instead he becomes a 3 point shooter.

Talented 7 feet big men are always needed in this league

8. Flops

Flops Member

A LOT of players in the NBA are self-entitled and to be honest I think you need to be in the NBA. Hell, even Mario Chalmers has said he thinks he's one of the best PG's in the NBA. (HA)

I think DMo's leaving because he wants more PT, not because he has a gigantic ego. Also, DMo is known to be good friends with Omer. After a while I'm sure their attitudes rubbed off on one another and has contributed to both of them requesting a trade.

It's kind of interesting though, you would think the shot at a championship would entice our players to stay...I hope no one else requests a trade.:(

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What do you mean he wasn't given a fair chance? Didn't he not start last season after we traded PPat and Morris?

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He was a rookie. You should know better than judging rookies based off one season esp big men. They take much longer to develop.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm not judging him, but to say that he didn't get a fair shake is false. He also had an opportunity to log a lot minutes this season as well and start. But he didn't step up to the challenge. So that is on him FTW.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I always liked Hill...when he played PF. The problem was we had no C and he'd be out there "filling in" and looking like a fish out of water. He just wasn't a C but made a nice PF. It's about how someone is used. And I agree with others that DMo just doesn't seem to fit on this team. He has the length but doesn't have the skills to guard the rim which our C needs to do. So backing up Howard is out. He doesn't have the range or passing ability that we need from our PF to play with Howard. Playing with Asik clogs the lane...plus Asik himself hasn't been "active" lately. Playing with Smith doesn't give us much post protection. So while DMo has size and talent, those things hurts his floor time.

13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

How can you say that he "could have been..."? He's a young guy at the beginning of his NBA career; its not like he's in his 30's and is about to retire. Also, I'm not sure where you are getting that he has an attitude problem and expects to be handed a star role right away. If you can back that up, I'd like to see it.

From what I've seen, he looks to be working hard when he gets PT (something that Asik hasn't always done this season), but I think its reasonable for him to want to play somewhere where he can actually get on the floor and not ride the bench for entire games. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Houston is a good fit anymore, considering that we're in a win-now mode.

14. SirKen

SirKen Member

If you were a bench player trying to improve your game, would you like to stay on a team where the coach runs the starters to the ground with 40 minutes each? I wouldn't.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

It's not really something new since they both have the same agent. Where you ever saw a young player who is happy to sit on the bench tho?

16. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Morey seems to have a talent for drafting big men who can't play any defense, or don't seem to want to.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sorry, I really meant to say something along the lines of could have been with the Rockets. However, it looks like he's gunning for a fresh start somewhere else, and the Rockets (according the Feigan) are probably going to send him somewhere soon.

All reports last year were that D-Mo was one of the hardest working guys on the team, and really busted his butt in practice which is what led to him getting the confidence in the front office to trade away 2Pat & Morris. Also the work that he did on his physique this summer must have take alot of work for someone so tall and skinny.

The reports about his attitude & mental toughness came from a very young age coming into the draft which caused him to fall back from the lottery the year before to late 1st round. There were games with Treviso were he would really just disappear and not look mentally engaged at all. It was a big knock on him, and he really had to make big strides with his move to the Polish league to get the Rockets to be convinced that he was ready to be brought over.

Like I've said before though, I'm a huge fan of this guy, and really want him to make it in a Rockets uniform. Skilled 7 footers really dont grow on trees, and I DO THINK he will get it at some point in the next 2 or 3 years and become a solid player in the league.

However, the rumors that he might be out the door are almost all self inflicted. He has latched himself to Asik which is fine, but I feel like he now shares alot of the same mentality about how if your not starting... just ask for a trade, and pout instead of doing the things you need to do to get on the court. I want to see him improve and continue to develop for another year, but it doesn't look like D-Mo or the Rockets are going to be as patient as I would have liked them to be unfortunately.

I don't want to seem like I'm questioning D-Mo's work ethic and say that he's now NBA garbage. However I do want to say that as a fan who was really rooting for him to turn a corner, for him to this route and give up on developing further with this team, and instead just looking for a trade to another team (that probably has a million forwards as well), disappoints me, and now because of that if he is to have a lack of success moving forward after the Rockets, he only has himself to blame for not making it work out to the best possible scenario which would have been to be a Houston Rocket.

#117 dobro1229, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Actually...it belongs to Terrence Jones. Just look how he's playing, makes stupid shots, when rebounds just runs the floor with ball with clown shoes on. And his all assists belongs to Dwight, because he is Dwights slave. Terrence will be like: ''omg omg omg it's a superstar here, i will clean his shoes and do whatever it take for him to like me and let me be around him''. That's actually what it is. And don't argue with me, cause it's obviuos...And even assists are very weak, good for us Howard is athletic enough to catch any sort of crapy pass.

19. Codman

LOLWUT

20. Codman

r****ded? Riiightt....

So, I just looked at your posting history, and almost every single one of your posts is related to hyping up DMo.

Could it be that you can't see a different persepctive because you have DMo tunnel vision?

Damn dude, look at your posts. They all are efforts to convince us, and you, that DMo is better than he really is.

I think you're bitter that Terrance is starting over him and that McHale can count on guys like Omri and Greg more than Dmo.