1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas adjusts to more playing time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Does anyone else read all of DMo's quotes in DMo's voice? I couldn't help but read it that way, especially with his improper English. Classic DMo :cool:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/03/rockets-report-defense-steps-up-against-mavericks/

D-Mo catching up to NBA speed
    After struggling with the extra minutes since he moved into the starting lineup, Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas said he has begun to adjust. Playing as a backup center as well as the starting power forward, Motiejunas played a season-high 30 minutes on Sunday despite sitting out the entire fourth quarter of the rout.

“The first couple games were harder,” Motiejunas said. “Now I’m kind of getting into shape. I will continue working in the weight room so my muscles get a tone. After the first couple games, my body feel a pain. The practice is not like a game. It’s a different speed, a different intensity, different muscles working. You cannot simulate them in practice. I have pain in all my body. Now, I’m back into shape.”

That is especially important, Motiejunas said, because he is trying to outrun veterans matched up against him, especially against Dallas to take advantage of cross-matches with Dirk Nowitzki assigned to defend him while he defends Shawn Marian.

“I’m much younger than all these guys,” Motiejunas said. “I think I will make trouble for them to run for me. When they are tired, they cannot do the same things.”

2. pho

pho Member

I love DMo. When he isn't tired, he makes the rockets an insanely good team. Once he gets into rhythm, Rockets will be even more fun to watch.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Donuts will make trouble of forwards around the league.

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

My body is ready for some D...mo.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

He really played much improved D tonight.

6. Merla08

Merla08 Member

His muscles will get a tone. Also, he will make trouble for them to run for him.

7. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

I love reading quotes from dmo..he's so dedicated and grateful the rockets gave him the opportunity to showcase his talents in the NBA and hes been showing it with his play.I kinda hope t-rob doesn't steal his minutes because he deserves them more imo

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Actually they can co-exist.

Better floor balance tonight ... We subbed out DMo with Delfino in the 1st and 3rd qtrs so we can keep the Mav defense stretched out to the 3 pt line.

Then in the 2nd and 4th qtrs, we start out DMo as back-up center with TRob as the muscle inside.

In that way, we have a stretch 4/5 and someone who patrols the paint.

Good adjustment by the coaches

9. Merla08

Merla08 Member

D-Mo should get Rookie of the Year

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My Body feel a pain!

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wonder where the Rockets would be had DMo started the first game of the season.

Part of me says they'd have as good or better a record and DMo would have adjusted more already, etc. Part of me thinks they'd have a worse record, DMo would have taken much longer to adjust absent the extra months to practice and compete against real NBA competition, etc.

It is what it is. He obviously needs to get better defensively, stronger, and become a slightly better rebounder. He's better offensively and a much better and more willing and capable passer than I thought he'd be at this point.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm a huge DMo fan but in reality I want the best one to play. DMo is so damned skilled and having a true 7 footer as a Power Forward and playing next to Asik just seems like the ideal situation. My only wish is that DMo could block shots.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He hustles ALOT.

The guy has gotten the Rockets so many extra possessions when he is on the court.

14. Grigori

Grigori Member

D-Mo makes trouble for old man Dwight on bad back to run for D-Mo.

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I've been a huge advocate for getting L

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Damn iPhone .....

for getting love or lma. But dmo is making me think about not having to make a move like that

17. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I agree, this rotation takes advantage of our current roster strengths.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You kids and your street drugs. SMDH.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Once he gets up to speed and in game shape, he'll be a nightmare for opposing 4s to run with. He had the whole Mavs team already tired so when T-Rob came in he just made a rim run off of his own rebound at about 80% the speed of Donuts and got a dunk.

Hope he shores up some defensive stuff before the playoffs, but with this kid, it's encouraging that you know he'll work hard and really get after it on a day-to-day basis.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wish I could fast forward 2-3 years to see how's he gonna turn out.