1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Sensitive Race?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Tree-Mac, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

What do you think?

1. Black

96 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. White

29 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Yellow

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Brown

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Red

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Umm.. That's called race baiting bro.... and that IS racist. If you are purposely trying to entice racial tensions well that is inherently being racist.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, you really are the most sensitive. I don't know about your whole race, but you seem to be very race sensitive.

3. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

So if a black person criticized George Bush in front of a group of white people is that race baiting?

4. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Only black people can criticize people of different races and not be called racists.

5. fchowd0311

Dear lord... Read what I quoted from Tree-Mac more carefully. "Tray it... it's fun"... THAT IS RACE BAITING.

6. Tree-Mac

Yeah, beacause criticizing a famous black person is racist even if you are clearly talking about their work or personality. It's not race baiting, but it's because blacks (not all blacks) always think people are racist toward them.

7. fchowd0311

I want you to answer this question Tree-Mac. Let us assume that African Americans are the most sensitive about race. If we assume this, the next logical question would be why? There are two option and two options only.

1. They are genetically predisposed to being over sensitive on racial issues
    2. Socioeconomic factors of the past created a paranoid mentality that any race would develop if they were subjected to the same socioeconomic factors.

I'll let you figure out what socioeconomic factors of the past I am referring to.

So which one is it Tree-Mac?

1 person likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

And Whites(not all Whites) think their race is being under attack by minorities and Obama.

9. fchowd0311

Gee... I wonder why some Black people would be so paranoid It's not like their race was enslaved for 300 years and then subjected to another 100 years of disenfranchisement in education, voting or going to a ****ing public restroom etc.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tree-Mac

So blacks cannot let go of the past and like to moan and whine about the present instead of striving to improve.

11. Tree-Mac

You just confirmed my assertion.

12. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This statement makes it very clear how you feel about all black people. Let it go man. Hate will only eat you up and limit how much you truly get out of life.

13. Tree-Mac

Not all black people. It just irritates me when I cannot criticize black public figures freely without being called a racist.

14. fchowd0311

400 years of slavery and disenfranchisement and only ~40 years of recovery time. Maybe you don't think logically. Imagine an African American who lived through the Jim Crow era. He probably wasn't fond or trusting of white people in general and rightfully so. The civil rights movement of the 60s passes. He has children. It is reasonable that his mistrust of white people is passed down to his children and his grandchildren by telling horror stories of the bull**** he had to deal with(which is the current generation).

Tree-Mac, are you suggesting that this paranoia that black people have is something that is genetically exclusive to them?

Are you also suggesting that if another race was put through the EXACT same socioeconomic situation that took place with African Americans in the past ~300 that they would be more forgiving?

#74 fchowd0311, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  15. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

You're legitimizing a perpetual cycle of victimhood that will be passed down from generation to generation forever. When should we let go of the past and realize we can be everything we want right now? We have a freaking black president. Black people can achieve anything if they put their mind to it. No white person is holding them down.

16. Tree-Mac

If you are an American you should take criticisms as they are and debate on them without bringing up the past or you can bring up the past and distance yourself. Native Americans had it bad too.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Maybe they stereotype you as a racist by your own logic. I mean you being a racist obviously doesn't come from nowhere. Obviously you refused to change your image even after being advised. You only have yourself to blame Tree-Mac. Take personal responsibility for your behavior damnit!

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm biracial, with an African American father and a Caucasian mama, so I can see sensitivity from those sides.

To me, it's all equal, but there are certain elements with each race that are triggers. You could even make the argument that certain sociological structures are the source of sensitivities depending on the race.

Either way, nothing good will come of this thread, like another poster...uh...posted. :)

19. dback816

dback816 Member

Yeah...no, not really. You're like one of those half Asian kids who has a Caucasian dad and an Asian mom. You're the "Majority and Pop Culture Approved" type among bi-racial families.

You'd have some real stories to tell if you were from a "Minority" bi-racial family like an Asian dad and a white mom or something.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol people criticize Obama all the time and the others you mentioned and I don't see that term thrown around nearly as much as you seem to imagine it being.

Perhaps because you are saying things that others would consider racist? Like uh saying that black people whine and complain instead of striving to be better :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure if you say something like that some people would call you racist.