1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Sensitive Race?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Tree-Mac, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

What do you think?

1. Black

96 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. White

29 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Yellow

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Brown

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Red

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you apply that same reasoning to members of other races? For instance since Bernie Madoff swindled a lot of people does that reinforce the stereotype that Jews are greedy and conniving?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No specific race is more sensetive then anyother, and anybody saying other wise is going to sound racist. Thread should be locked.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The funny thing about that one is you could also assume Jews are gullible and overly generous.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Calling blacks ******s and hispanics beaners on the other hand...

5. droopy421

droopy421 Member

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's a sad day when statistics can now back most of those stereotypes up.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's a sad day when an overwhelming majority of people in a certain social group don't commit certain acts, but others still consider them "statistically" prone towards it. It's an even sadder day when there are existing social stratifications with residential, educational and economic implications that incentivize the reinforcement of those assumptions by the majority culture.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

aaah the image that is manufactures, promoted and control by the media
    that they have near 0% control or ownership of?????

Rocket River
    :rolleyes:
    I detest Euphemisms .. . like the other guys said. . . just say what ya mean.

9. Classic

Classic Member

No love for the brown race?

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

White ppl get butthurt a lot lol

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Black people are over sensitive and worry more about their b****ing being heard than upward mobility. White people are p*****s and won't say what they think and the other ethnic groups in America are the most racist but unlike black and white Americans don't worry how they look or who is looking at them

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well hot dang; we got us a race fight!

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Succinct and accurate lol

14. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

No race fight calling a spade a spade. I'm in my early 30s and white and a eu and American citizen. I have friends from all backgrounds and this is a general statement not one about a certain individual. I happen to think it's very accurate

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nice try, but we created, popularized and commercially validated all of those concepts in the name of empowerment and cultural identity. We got equal opportunities and attention at the most dynamic time in the most prosperous culture in human history; whites were quadrupling their college enrollment and started a third industrial revolution while we were co-opting prison culture and inventing new dunks.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Who you calling a spade?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WJZeNie7gG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I dont call random black or hispanic people those things with a hatfull tone, i call my good friends those things playfully. Like i said, i say those names with no racist intent. They mean dude and bro when i say it. Just like my friends will call me whitey and casper etc.

Not racist just slang with friends.

18. Nook

Nook Member

OUCH!

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Well, I wasn't sure, really, but this thread is definitely helping.

Nothing like creating new stereotypes. "What group of people are all considered..."

Great thread. Would rolleyes again.

20. dragician

dragician Member

Sensitivity in its highest form is intelligence
    Sensitivity in its highest form is intelligence. Without sensitivity to everything - to one's own sorrows; to the sorrow of a group of people, of a race; to the sorrow of everything that is - , unless one feels and has the feeling highly sensitivized, one cannot possibly solve any problem. And we have many problems, not only at the physical level, the economic level, the social level, but also at the deeper levels of one's own being - problems that apparently we are not capable of solving. I am not talking of the mathematical problems, or the problems of mechanical inventions, but of human problems: of our sorrows, of despair, of the narrow spirit of the mind, of the shallowness of one's thinking, of the constant repetitive boredom of life, the routine of going to office every day for forty or thirty years. And the many problems that exist, both consciously and unconsciously, make the mind dull, and therefore the mind loses this extraordinary sensitivity. And when we lose sensitivity, we lose intelligence.