1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Hated Rocket/Ex-Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chrispbrown, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Who is your most hated or least favorite?

1. T-Mac

30.8%
  2. Aaron Brooks

3.8%
  3. Hasheem Thabeet

11.8%
  4. Kevin Martin

11.8%
  5. Terrance Williams

20.5%
  6. Luis Scola

0.8%
  7. Brad Miller

17.5%
  8. Yao (you never know!)

3.0%
  1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Don't understand the hate....especially against the players listed. Least favorite = Scottie Pippen by far and away.

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

Never saw Pippen play, but he must've been a piece of work for the entire board to write him in like this.

Of the Rockets I've seen play I'd vote for Ariza, who isn't on your poll either. I didn't like Rafer either, but that was more frustration than hate.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What did Pippen do again, wasn't a Rocket fan back then, too young

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is Pippen because he quit on Houston, threw everyone under the bus, and didn't do anything great while he was here.

At least T-Mac gave us moments.

6. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Barkley still hasn't let a lot of stuff go....and has been Houston's own personal national hater for the past 10 years.

T-Mac takes the cake though....he would probably get boo'ed in every home stadium of any team he has played for....and that's saying something.

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

BTW Anyone who voted Yao might be mentally r****ded and should just be kicked off the board anyways.

People that voted for T-Will are not far behind. He didn't work out and it was probably his own fault, but he kept his mouth shut and hasn't said one cross word about the Rockets since he left. And it's not like we invested a ton in him and he let us down....it was a flyer.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Scottie Pippen. At least Rafer and Wes tried and cared for the team.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No Scottie Pippen? :confused:

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I wouldn't have put a single one of those guys into a poll like this. I'm pretty sure you got the whole list wrong.

At any rate any poll like this has to begin and end with the inclusion Scottie Pippen, who would be most likely to win or at least the most worthy of the dishonor.

1 person likes this.
  11. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Barkley took a pay cut so that we could sign Pippen. When he got here, instead of trying hard to fit hist talent for the good of the team, he started whining from the get go about the team not using him correctly. He threw the coach and the teammates under the bus. He called Barkley fat. And worst of all, he demanded a trade, ruining his own trade value. All we could get from trading him was this guy:

[​IMG]

13. red

red Contributing Member

Quitten. What a douche.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

read this article by this great poster of this board

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=26

"Thanks for nothing, Scottie"
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 1999 12:00 AM CT
    By Clutch
    Copyright 1999 ClutchFans.net

At the time this article is being written, Scottie Pippen is technically still a Houston Rocket. However, the sooner he has absolutely nothing to do with this organization, the better.

Being a diehard Rocket fan, or even a casual fan, you've heard it all the past 24 hours. "This is Scottie's fault"... "Scottie is a quitter!"... "Pippen is a selfish loser!"... "Get rid of him!"

All justified. Every bit of it.

To think Barkley did so much for Pippen, defending him at every turn and taking one measly (by NBA standards) million so the Rockets could fit Scottie, and then to have it all slapped back in his face just makes you realize the kind of character that makes up a Scottie Pippen.

Scottie Quitten is more like it.

Barkley was and is the easy target. Pippen and his agent Mr. Sexton no doubt created this spin doctoring ploy to truly push Scottie out of Clutch City.

But what is truly eye-opening and reveals the type of person Scottie Pippen really is is to look back at comments and promises he made throughout the season. Most of the ones here were said on March 25 of this year in an interview with Cheryl Miller, but there are many more. Before we run by the past however, lets run over one more time Scottie's recent comments about Charles:

"I wouldn't give Charles Barkley an apology at gunpoint. He can never expect an apology from me. ... If anything, he owes me an apology for coming to play with his fat butt. He's a very selfish guy. He doesn't show the desire to want to win. That's my reason for wanting to get away from playing with him anymore because he just doesn't show the dedication. I probably should've listened to Michael (Jordan) a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn't show any dedication. I was very shocked to see what type of player he was by spending half a season with him. I'm a guy that's dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber. You know he's not willing to go the distance. There's no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning. Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don't show that to me. ... He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he's done a good job. But that's not what the game's about. It's about defending, being professional and coming to work every day."

And now... what Scottie said before he wanted to be traded:

"I'm very happy to be here. I realize what this franchise means. I want to bring a championship to the city of Houston. There's been a lot of hard work over the last few hours to try and get this deal done. I just hope we put as much hard work on the floor this season. I'm just looking forward to the season. The fans here have been very supportive of me being in Houston. I want to thank you guys for sticking around and waiting."

- Scottie Pippen at the Rocket press conference upon signing his ridiculous contract

Cheryl Miller: Scottie, has it been hard working in with the new team at all?

Scottie Pippen: No, it hasn't. I think these guys make my transition coming in really easy. They welcomed me and the opportunity to come in and sort of step in where Clyde (Drexler) was a year ago has been an easy transition for me. I've enjoyed the opportunity of coming and training with Charles and Hakeem and playing for Rudy (Tomjanovich), and it's a great opportunity for me to play with a great center and also a great power forward — two future Hall of Famers.

Miller: So you're telling me that Charles actually made your transition easy?

Pippen: Yes, pretty easy. Very easy. (laughter)

Miller: In '93, you two (Scottie and Charles) went toe-to-toe in the Finals. Six years later playing on the same team, did you think that would ever happen?

Pippen: I was hoping some day I'd have the opportunity to play with Charles. I think he's a guy that comes out, he plays hard, he's a gamer. I had the opportunity to play with him in two Olympics and at All-Star Games so I know the total package he brings to the game.

Miller: What are some of the things people don't know about Charles?

Pippen: I think people just don't know the mentality of how hard he really works and the package he brings to the game. You know he's never been voted to the All-Defensive Team, but it may be to the point where people just don't understand what type of defense he plays. I think he is a great team defensive player, maybe just not a one-on-one individual defender. I think he brings a lot to the team from a team defensive standpoint — being able to go and help out and block shots.

Miller: Scottie you have six rings. Hakeem, you have two. Is this season the "Win one for Charles" year?

Pippen: I feel like it. I think having Charles really campaign to get me here shows me that he wants to win a championship. I'm one of those players that when June comes, I want to be still playing and Charles deserves to have a championship. He has had a great career, and he's one of the top players in a lot of categories in the game. He deserves to have a championship, and I'd love to have the opportunity to say I helped him win it.

Miller: Scottie, you've won six championships, is it important to you to win one without Michael?

Pippen: It's important from a personal standpoint, but I think this organization has invested a lot in me to come here and put this team back at a championship level. I want to feel like it's my responsibility to get them there, and I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure this team gets to a championship level.

Thanks for nothing, Scottie.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's difficult to appreciate just how disappointing Quitten was if you didnt experience it. I'd suggest reading the following ClutchCity articles:

Quitten has left the building

Thanks for nothing, Scottie

Quitten bashes Rockets (again)

Clutch was on fire at the time :)

This was really the money quote for me:

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cato does look like Mook.

18. onreego

onreego Member

Not everyone is as old as you tinman :p

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Pippen is really the only choice. He's ugly too.

20. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Juwon Howard and his curse.