1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Hated Ex-Astro?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Bobblehead, Aug 14, 2006.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

6 runs in 4.2 innings of steller work in those 2004 playoffs!

But I know if it was not for the missele we would of not even made the playoffs right

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Belsham, I mean beltran--can't stand him :mad: greedy

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Buck made no declarations on Miceli's career. He simply correctly pointed out that Miceli was lights out in September during the stretch run in which we made the playoff by one game.

The fact that you defend a guy who trashed our organization speaks volumes. Go root for the Mets. Wagner is my least favorite ex-Astro by far.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, there are people that hate Luis Gonzalez? He's known throughout the league for being a good guy, and I always liked him when he was here. Did he leave under bad terms or something I am unaware of?

For me, probably Derek Bell. I hate Beltran, but at least while he was here he gave us good production. With Bell, you never knew what the hell you were going to get from year to year, and THEN you had to deal with his attitude on top of that. Jackass.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Drayton wasn't cheap even before he got Andy and Roger. Jeff Kent, remember him? How about keeping two of the elite players in baseball - Biggio and Bagwell - together? It's not like Bagwell gave them a hometown discount or anything. How about the contract given to Richard Hidalgo? It may not have been a wise decision, but it certainly wasn't a cheap one.

Drayton has been an excellent owner, and has been for much longer than merely the last two years. Instead of pointing the finger where it really belonged (at the players themselves for a lack of execution in the final weekend), Wagner took the simplistic, redneck way out and blamed the owner. It's bad enough that we have fans that still do that even to this day, and it's even more embarassing when we have a player do it.

Drayton haters are a particular pet peeve of mine... but I usually ignore it because fans often have an excuse for ignorance... many aren't researched enough or involved with the process enough to fully understand what they're talking about. Wagner was in the clubhouse, he was still that dumb... and the owner who didn't care about winning has had the two greatest seasons in club history after Wagner's exit.

Nice knowing you, prick (Wagner that is, not you).

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Carl Everett is the most hated Ex-Astro. Not only do the fans here hate him but the fans in every major league city hate him.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Luis Gonzalez & Steve Finley? What do you have against those guys?

My most hated Astro of all time has to be Scottie Pip...uh...wait....

I can't really think of one. Miceli helped to blow a good chance at the WS in 04, but without him they don't have that chance.

I really didn't like Jose Lima all that much. I am much more for the "shut up and play" types than him. He did well for those 2 seasons, but to keep talking about "Lima Time" when you're on a 13 game losing streak in 2000 was just annoying.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The best thing about Wagner b****ing about McLane was that he was b****ing about the owner who signed him to a pretty large deal.

9. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Randy Johnson. that guy should have never left NASCAR...

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No kidding. You don't spend enough money...though you made me a millionaire many times over. :confused:

11. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

BELTRAN!!!!
    It was hilarious to see what the fans did at his first game back at houston. i went to the game just to badger him and it seems like 40,000 other people did the same.

12. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

just think about all that we gave up for him too.
    i know carlos guillen and freddy garcia, but wasnt pinero part of that too?

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

For a while, my most hated ex-Astro was Darryl Kile for taking like $2 more to pitch in Colorado.

Today, I'd probably have to go with Beltran for ruining our offseason a year back and playing the Astros like fools. Ex-Astros who merely annoy me: Billy Wagner, Julio Lugo, Jeff Kent, Mike Hampton, Moises Alou, Art Howe, and Jimy Williams.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i was pissed when beltran left, but i've gotten over that. i mean it sucks, but he did give us something incredible while he was here. I can't think of any Astro I hate in the same way I hate Pippen. Sure, some guys have blown things for us... but that stuff happens, and it's tough to hate someone for that.

So, I hate none of them that I can think of. But guys whom I'm still annoyed at? How about Brian Hunter (CF, not 1B) for always teasing and never turning into anything?

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

no--halama was the 3rd

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

My most hated ex-Astro is the guy who beat us last night....Phil Nevin.

The smack that came out of his mouth right before the Astros traded him makes him my #1 hated ex-Astro.

I don't hate Beltran as much as some of you do because he was only with us for half a season.

17. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

hahahaha i hate pippen with a passion. glen rice wasnt much better, but i just hated scottie

18. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

This is why it's Beltran for me by a nose over Wagner. Sure, Wagner's a prick, but he didn't completely ruin our offseason like Beltran did.

Although we made the WS last year, Beltran/Boras did serious damage to the team as a whole.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

John McMullen.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good call. I should add Jimy Williams to my list.