1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Hated Ex-Astro?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Bobblehead, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I'm just curious....who do you think is the most hated ex-Astro of all time?

I would have to say it could be Carlos Beltran, Derek Bell, Billy Wagner, Luis Gonzalez, Steve Finley, Geoff Blum (after the WS), Doug Henry.....

#1 Bobblehead, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  2. cdastros

cdastros Member

Its a tie between Dave Clark and Carlos Beltran. :)

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dan Miceli
    Jay Powell
    Carlos Beltran

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Thi$ i$ a no conte$t. It'$ definitely Carlo$ Beltr►n... damn, I can't even $pell thi$ entire hate po$t without... oh, never mind.

5. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Oh yeah...I HATE those guys! They sucked!

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Beltran by far. Choosing not to resign a guy, being outbid, or trading players and then them doing well does not bother me so much. Beltran played us like a fiddle, however.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

beltran is the man. left for more money and on the better team. he chose wisely

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

I'm old school. I hate none more than I hated Ray Knight during the '86 playoffs.

Smug fool.

The Blum homer was hard to stomach, but I have no beef with him.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Dan Miceli cost us a world series trip in 2004 I hate him more than any other athlete ever.

From the game 2 walk off in Atlanta that screwed the pitching rotation up for the NLCS (two Pete Munro starts) to the game 6 walk off in St Louis that forced the game 7 that we lost.

**** You Dan!

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Geof Blum
    Beltran
    Miceli

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Beltran, then Wagner. No one else is close.

12. Buck Turgidson

The Astros don't even sniff the playoffs in '04 without Miceli pitching his ass off during the stretch run.

13. texanskan

Wagner? What?

He was a great Astro!

What you don't like him b/c he called a spade a spade?

He said Uncle Drayton was cheap then he got Andy and Roger and all of a sudden he was not cheap in the public's eye's so you hate him I just don't get it.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Miliceli . I couldn't even watch him give up the 2nd walk off to I believe Edmonds. I just turned around to my roommmate and told him gave over. Sure enough... :(

I still dont hate that guy though...

I don't really hate beltran ya he screwed with us but he also carried this team new heights and put on a post season peformance that wont ever be forgotten. I wish we still had him but I'm thankful for what he did in a short time.

On the team now the player I dislike the most is Roger. Ya I know how great he is and I know he is needed. But dont spend the first few months on debating to play. Ya it was nice to have the hometown guy comeback for a home town discount but than when you take like 22 milllion the next 2 seasons who cares if you came here for a discount.

I didn't like the guy before the astros and him putting on an astros hat won't change that. But I'm glad we have him he makes this team dangerous. It's just if I had a choice of watching them win with roger and winning w/o roger I defintely choose the latter but that's not happening any time soon.

I don't hate any astro as long as I think they're giving their all out there. I can't really think of anybody off the top of my head who didnt do that.

15. texanskan

Dude, come on he did nothing spectacular I think his ERA was like 3.75 that year but that did not tell the whole story you could never trust him.

Springer this year kind of reminds me of Dan's 04 season.

Scary

16. ak47

ak47 Member

Beltran was so good for us but he left and now i hate him.

17. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I've always hated Dave Smith for blowing game 3 and 6 against the Mets in 1986.

18. texanskan

Roger=attention w****

First off he is not from here he is a yankee from Ohio that moved here when he was like 12.

Second he did go to high school here so this was his transplanted hometown so that point is fair enough.

The reason I don't like him is he talk's out of both sides of his mouth. When he was in Boston he said "I will never leave here unless it is to go home and pitch in Houston" Well as a free agent he had a chance to come here he chose Toronto and the largest contract offer. After one season there Astros managment had a trade for Roger worked out with the Jays but Roger with his no-trade clause held it up because he wanted an extention. Then he goes to New York in a trade a year later and then the last two offseason media circus shows he and the local and national media put on.

Look when Roger pitches he pitches to win and he plays for us but the guy comes off as a jerk IMHO.

19. Buck Turgidson

Sept/Oct ERA was 0.84 - 1 earned run in 10.2 innings after he came off the DL in early September.

1-0 record, 1 save, and 5 holds the last 2 weeks of the season, all but one of those games were 1 or 2 run games when entered (only exception is the game he gave up the run, score was 5-2).

The Stros made the playoffs by one game.

20. texanskan

Wow 10.2 innings what a sample size!

How about a 13 year career of doing nothing spectacular what so ever.

He blew it in the playoffs and as far as a good 10.2 innings the entire team was getting it done that's why we went 36-10 to make the playoffs.