1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Famous Person You've Played Basketball With...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, Jul 11, 2008.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

LaDanian Tomlinson in high school

a couple of other MLB players and NFL players

#41 bigtexxx, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I grew up going to Kingsland, and judging from your moniker, you went to my High School and possibly played on my basketball team. What class did you graduate from THS? Small world.

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

yea thats crazy i graduated 2006 and go to A&M now and play at kingsland baptist every tuesday and thursday when i can but i never played for taylor ill blame the coaches for that lol but i was in basketball class my freshamn year in 02

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Yep, Crandall was an *******. He drove me out of the program too. Coach Armstrong was hands down the best coach, mentor I ever had though. He even came out to coach my AAU team, on charity, just to help me out.

Your freshman year would have been my sophomore year, and if you were in the basketball class then looks like we know each other. Haha, so....., who the f**k are you man? The curiosity is killing me.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Michael Huff there on the right. This is what being 1 time college national champs opens you up to. Only doing what you and I would do if we were there........

6. WWR

WWR Member

Dion Dowell

[​IMG]

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

some of us played with Boki Nachbars brother. Grega was his name, if I recall.

I wasn't there for it. :(

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

9. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Guarded Johnny Dawkins during a pick up game a couple years ago. I was defending him pretty tight at first. He told me I didn't need to try so hard. It was a close game until end, when he hit three three-pointers right in my eye.

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

yep hated crandall but thought his wife was hott lol and yea armstrong was a bad ass...chris thannoon you know guys like adam lacroix or aaron wright they made the team and im good friends with them

11. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

i play with the rockets daily

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I forgot one...

Travis Knight (former UCONN/Celtic/Laker center) at his house in Lake Conroe

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Daniel Sepulveda, punter for the Steelers, at Baylor a few years ago at Baylor. Dude's big.

14. roswell raygun

At West Virginia University, I played in a playground game where I guarded Renaldo Turnbull, who went on to become a Pro Bowl defensive lineman with the Saints.
    It was ... scary.
    Also, I played in an intramural basketball game in the early 1980s against some football players, including new Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez.

15. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I played with Robert ''50'' Martin AKA the cousin of Kenyon Martin, he's from AND1 Mixtape and he is in the ABA for the moment. I played with him in last February along with Tim Jennings another ABA player.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do because Dave Feitl was my response as well. I think I was at 2nd baptist actually when I played, but it was a long time ago and I might have been mistaken and it was Tallowood.

The thing about Feitl is that he was kind of ass. He was getting p.o'd when somebody would stop him, and at one point he slammed the ball against the floor in center court as hard as he could like a little spoiled baby.

17. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

Matt Maloney, in a pickup game at Vanderbilt before he transferred to Penn. Of all the Vandy scholarship athletes I played against, he gave the least effort by far.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

John Lucas.

You can't appreciate how great these guys are on the court until they destroy you and your crew of nerd athletes. lol. :D

19. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

DJ Augustine and AJ Abrams in the during this past Spring semester.

20. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I played against Jordan Farmer, but I don't know if that is famous. LOL! Its funny because he is a pretty smart dude and we got a long pretty while and partnered up on a lot of projects since he had all the small classes in high school. But on the court, he took it easy on me until I told him not you and I realized why he had a shot at the NBA and I didn't! :(

The year before that, I saw Gilbert Arenas during his sophomore year on my high school basketball team, but like Jordan Farmer, he ditched the school for another one. Stupid basketball coach made all the future-NBA players run to other schools! :mad: