1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Famous Person You've Played Basketball With...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, Jul 11, 2008.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I haven't balled with anybody big - but I want to hear your stories.

You can include anybody famous - athletes, celebrities, musicians, or other well known people.

Here are mine:

Javier Glatt - Middle Linebacker for the BC Lions... I guarded him in three pick-up games a couple years ago. I held my own, outscored him, and my team won 2 of the games.

Ben Carson - World Famous Neurosurgeon... Okay, I didn't really play basketball with him. But we shot around for 20 minutes with my brothers and his kids.

Brent Price - when he played for the Grizzlies... I beat him in a mini-basketball free-throw competition at a PGA tour event and won 4 tickets to a Grizzlies game.

Alright...so I know mine are pretty lame. But let's hear yours!

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

could have played with Shawn Kemp in the summer of 2001.

he was fat then.

3. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

REECE GAINES.

in gym class. he was real good in high school. :D i can't believe we graduated the same year. i didn't really play against him. just shooting in gym class. :D

oh, and a few NFL players that graduated university here. i get scared when these big guys charge at you. so i just run away. but i couldn't get away.

4. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Danny Fortson. mid 90's

My boys and I were playing pickup in a local park (Pittsburgh) and had stayed on for like 3 games in a row.

Then Fortson and 4 of his boys show up. We had a guy who was 6'6'', but only weighed about 210. We were all like 15 or 16. Third or fourth trip down, Fortson posts me up, spins away and dunks. I couldn't even see around him he was so big. I tried to front him on the other times down, so I didn't get dunked on.

We lost 11-3, and our three came on 25ft jumpers.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Moochie Norris guarded me once when I was backing it in.

Steve Francis practiced behind-the-back passes with me for about 30 seconds.

I was 13, it was Steve's bball camp after his rookie season, and I absolutely had stars in my eyes.

Doesn't really count as "played against," but oh well, it was fantastic... :D

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Kenny Smith
    Otis Thorpe
    Derrick McKey

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I am the most famous person I've played bball with.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Corey Williams (DT Cleveland Browns) was on my intramural team in college.

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Ike Holt - ex-Cowboys player......wore his frikkin' Superbowl ring on the basketball court. No joke. He was a TERRIBLE basketball player, but a good athlete, so he did ok. But his jump shot was horrid. He talked smack the entire time, and when he lost a game, he started yelling, "I don't have nothing to prove to nobody. I AM SOMEBODY! SUPERBOWL CHAMPION BABY!" Something along these lines anyway....

Brooks Thompson - Used to play for Orlando and the Knicks, I think he did a short stint in Denver too.

Sean Rooks - He was pretty good, and unlike in the NBA, he was hitting 20-25 footers with ease.

Greg Dreiling - Stiff center that used to play with the Mavs. I was shocked at how average he was.

Jimmy King - Former Fab-5 from Michigan.

10. droxford

droxford Member

My daughter, when she was 6, shot some jumpshots on the Toyota center floor with Dikembe Mutombo.

No, she doesn't want to sex Mutombo (and neither do I).

11. lpbman

lpbman Member

Martin Zeno.

That's right.... THE Martin Zeno :cool:

12. ak47

ak47 Member

Hakeem Olajuwon- I didn't play a game with Hakeem but he was at Lifetime Fitness at Sugar Land and I was shooting on the same hoop as he was. :D It was just us two on that goal. Then he started playing full court and was pullin off the dream shake on everyone. :eek:

13. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Emeka Okafor at Memorial Wellness Center and TJ Ford in High School.

14. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Dave Feitl & Richard Anderson (both former Rockets) at Tallowood Baptist when I was in HS (not that anyone other than tinman probably even know who I'm talking about).

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Oddibe Mcdowell's brother, Woody. This was back in the early 90's at the Y in The Woodlands. I think he played at Klein Oak. I had to guard him a few times. I was 5'8" at the time and he was roughly 6'3". He jumped over me once.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy - at his basketball camp
    Rashard Lewis - we went to middle school together

17. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Willie Sublett (ex Baylor)....and Amber Heath's Brother and Father (the girl who's mom had a hit put on her by Wanda Holloway)

I got nothin'.....

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kevin Garnett at his basketball camp.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dr. Charles Breithaupt, the director of the Texas UIL for athletics, guarded me in a charity game when I was in High School. I scored about 15 on him and he tried to pants me. I knew it was coming so I had an extra pair of shorts on, so it didn't work.

20. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Hakeem Olajuwon (1-1 for a drill at clyde drexler's basketball camp when I was 8)
    Chris Young (the pitcher)
    John Lucas Jr
    Alton Ford
    Loul Deng
    bunch of other college players