1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Expensive Non-Perishable Food Items

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by redefined, Dec 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I need to buy $500 worth of non-perishable food items. I don't want to fill up my car with 1,000 cans of tuna, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of expensive items.

What's the easiest way to go about doing this?

Thanks!

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Caviar can last for about 6 weeks lol

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Almond flour. Five pound bag is about $40-50 online, much more at stores. Coconut oil is pretty insane in price too. (IE - healthy food)

4. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

the answer is canned whole chicken
    [​IMG]

6. Classic

Classic Member

That kid got acne just watching it go into the fry pan.

Gross.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Why do you need to buy $500 in non-perishable food?

Anyway, in answer to your question, how about preserved truffles? They aren't really a worthwhile purchase, but they should get you to $500 rather easily and compactly.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You can tell the OP didn't watch Supermarket Sweep in the 90s.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bosSU0lXssk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Dealership has this deal where you donate non-perishable food items and they'll double the amount you paid and deduct the total from your service bill. So it's basically half off with the dealer making nothing. I need new brakes and service worth $1,000, so I'd need to donate $500 worth of food.

I found this at Costco.

http://www.costco.com/Silver-Lining-Smoked-Sockeye-Salmon-24-6.5-oz-Cans.product.100042816.html

I just ordered 4 cases and I'm all set. Now I don't have to look like an idiot at the grocery store either.