1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

most dissapointing Rockets all-time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jim Pankovitz, Nov 22, 2009.

1. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I can agree with this. But like said and done, that entire Rocket team was showing their age that season. Pippen didn't help them though. I really believe T-Mac is the bigger disappointment, simply because we were suppose to get a championship drive off of him, and we just got first round exit after first round exit with him.

2. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I would say Yao, not because of his injury problem but because as our center and being 7 and whatever, the team has never maximized his talents. So may be I should rephrase that. I'm most disappointed in what wasn't maximized with Yao. May be that will change but I'm not counting on it.

So Yao, for me, is on the list because of not necessarily what he has done but what others impede him from being, at his best, thereby making him a disappointment.

People are gonna attack me for saying this for sure, :grin: .

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

yao has been very disappointing.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rodney McCray only because we could have had Clyde

Michael Dickerson, Bryce Drew, Mirsad Turckan, because EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE $##@$ STATE SAW A HOMETOWN KID NAMED RASHARD LEWIS BALLING HIS EYES OUT IN THE GREEN ROOM BEGGING FOR THE ROCKS TO TAKE HIM AND YET WE IGNORED HIM 3 TIMES!!!

Hindisght being 20/20 we could have walked out of that draft with Ricky Davis, Al Harrington, Rashard Lewis, and Cuttino Mobley. Too bad Morey wasn't around back then....

5. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

E. Griffin, D. Chievous, Stromile Swift, Joey Dorsey, Jawan Howard, Mo Taylor, Carlos Rogers

6. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

i dno but maybe Brent Barry????? :confused:

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I didnt the whole thread, but maybe you could add steve francis, matt maloney

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ralph Sampson has to top the list for me.
    Scottie Pippen -I thought that Championship ring was ours when we got him.
    Eddie Griffin-The kid was supposed to be the next Tim Duncan with range.
    Steve Francis-2nd pick of the overall draft. Co Roy... yeah...
    Yao Ming-Such a nice guy and works hard but so far that's all I see. Been off the Yao wagon for a very long time. The more I watch him , the more I close my eyes and wish it was Hakeem up there.

9. jdh008

jdh008 Member

For me, it's Eddie Griffin. His talent was so tantalizing, I loved watching him play his rookie year. He could do everything. He was just one of those guys that didn't want to put the required work in to become great.

10. Jim Pankovitz

Jim Pankovitz Member

it was a little more than that. the dude was a mental train wreck and needed intensive therapy. He should not have been playing basketball.

11. DanielYoung

DanielYoung Member

For me,it's Bob Sura because of his injury.