1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most disappointing Texan player so far

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 16, 2012.

?

Most disappointing so far...

1. Ben Tate

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Connor Barwin

137 vote(s)
    60.1%
  3. Jonathan Joseph

43 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Andre Johnson

35 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Brooks Reed

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Glover Quinn

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

AJ shouldn't be on this list. He has been on the decline over the past couple years, so we knew not to expect his prime. He's still the threat that creates openings for our other players.

Cant really be too dissapointed in Tate... I mean he is the back up to the leagues best.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Quin while not great is solid, he is tied with Joseph for second among P Defended among the secondary and one of our leading tacklers. Aside from two plays in the Packers game, can you name any other blown plays by Quin in the other games save not being able to pick up a few possible interceptions?

Reed, has had 2.5 sacks, several QB pressures, blocked a few passes throughout the course of this season. While he isn't tearing things up, or on pace for that foolish prediction someone made of him having 20 sacks, he is having a much more positive effect most games for defense then any of our front 7 not named Watt or Cushing.

As far as most disappointing Texans right now,
    - Devir Posey, although I still like him and his talent for the future, not off to a great start.
    - Brice McCain, massive drop compared to last season and this is his contract year
    - Antoine Caldwell, something is wrong when you let someone not even in a competition get right behind you and start taking away your snaps and you are a 4 year vet and former 3rd round pick.
    - Troy Nolan, given the last two games, I can see why he was cut.
    - Bradie James, I've tried to give him a fair shot and I don't expect Sharpton or Ruud to do much better but I was hoping his experience with Wade would help the team and so far it hasn't.
    -Shiloh Keo, I don't expect much from him on actual defense but I expected better special teams plays and so far he has been getting out done by our 3rd string RB out there.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Though not on the list, and to be honest, his contribution has been non-existent for years...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

This is the answer, he's been less than non-existent, his ****ty coaching has hurt the team.

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Coaches Gary Kubiak and Joe Marciano have been far more disappointing than any Texan player, excluding Barwin.

Kubiak has NO killer instinct. The Texans have zero chance to win the Super Bowl without an aggressive killer instinct on offense. What Green Bay showed last Sunday was a desperate aggression...they played TO WIN. The NY Giants showed that instinct last Sun in their domination of the 49ers. I haven't seen that from the Texans yet this season on offense. I'm tired of Kubiak calling off the dogs once the team builds up a 10 to 20 point lead. The Texans could have easily crushed some of their earlier opponents by scores like 48-7, but they didn't because they let up too soon. I also wish he'd give Schaub more freedom. The play-calling is too conservative and IMO not creative enough. His clock management is atrocious.

Joe Marciano just flat-out sucks.

I don't know what Barwin's deal is. I hope Wade Phillips gave him a tongue-lashing after Sunday night's game. If he doesn't improve his production soon, then this will be his final season in a Texan uniform.

AJ has not performed up to expectations, but I'll give him a pass...for now. The dropped passes are uncharacteristic of him. When he does catch passes, he hardly ever gets any YAC...the defender tackles him immediately. He is slower and is having more difficulty getting separation, even on single coverage.

I'll blame Johnathon Joseph's woes on his groin injury. That said, I think we would have been better off if he had not played the last few games. He's hurting the team more by playing with that injury.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

Barwin.

J. Jo. appears to be injured.

Barwin doesn't have that excuse. I can't for the life of me understand what's happened to that guy.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

LOL...they did that because they've LOST so many games this year even though they're a contender.

If Kubiak had lost a bunch of games to start the season like them, I doubt 1 good-looking win over a good team would be enough to make you happy

1 person likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

The Texans must be the first 5-1 team in NFL history that doesn't play to win.

1 person likes this.
  9. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

That moment when you enter a thread and totally expect to post your thoughts, and then you start to read other's post and you're like: "**** it..."

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

So... releasing the dogs and consistently building double-digit leads is not, in the small hospital room where a nurse visits frequently with “magic candy” you call “home,” indicative of possessing a killer instinct? I’m absolutely not dying to know how you would describe that instinct? A tease that gets frisky once it’s had a drink or three?

Excuse me, 30-10? 27-7? 38-14? Take your girlie final margin and go to Vermont! This space is reserved for manly heterosexual scores like 48-7, which totally happen exactly almost never in the NFL. *That’s* my standard, and if you can’t live up to it, which almost no NFL team ever does, then as far as I’m concerned, it might as well be a loss!!

Release the Schaub! [/Liam Neeson]

(Are you even conscious? Should we call a medical professional?)

And another thing about this Sarah Palin character… Oh, sorry, I got confused and thought this was 2008.

Oh, yeah – now we’re talking! There were two 49s in that game – the one on San Francisco’s helmets and the one of the Giants’ scoreboard. BOOM! Take that, Gary Kubiak! (What’s that? The final score was actually 23-3? Really? And they scored 3 points in the 4Q? Jeez… that doesn’t sound like the kind of killer instinct I was searching for …. Hmmmm....... Let's try this again.)

So, yeah – as I was saying – did you see the Giants dominate the 49ers? It was relentless; they never let up. Their killer instinct was erect, my friends, and exploded all over the place. With 6:10 left in the 3Q, the Giants were throwing bombs up in the air like it was Iraq, yo! Four times the rest of the game. BOOM! Take that, Gary Kubiak! (What’s that? They ran 17 times from that point including 12 straight to end the game? Jeez… that doesn’t sound like the kind of killer instinct I was searching for, either. In fact, it kind of sounds *exactly* like what Kubiak does… You know what? Let’s move on – hopefully, everyone is still confused by the top portion of my post and just skimmed this section….)

So… the coach that’s building double-digit leads, despite his #1 WR dropping passes, getting tackled easily, slowing down and struggling to get separation, is your burning failure but the actual #1 WR doing all those things gets a pass? It must be time for your meds.

3 people like this.
  11. macalu

macalu Member

damn, that was cold...and hard!

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

We are putting much a running/ tight end offense

who needs receivers!

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

nicely done

Though I think at times coaching and system can get too much credit (coach/system >> over players) for being a built-in "permanent" framework thats as consistent as the field always being green , and its just the players that let the system down and they have to BUY in.

Kubiak's system isnt based on the glorified "gun slinging". But you wonder at times if Kubiak+Schaub have to stay married to "balance" regardless of situation.

Though of course you can do things like put the ball in Michael Vick's hands and let him fumble and INT and get sacked and allow bad plays to happen and underuse Lesean McCoy, so yeah it can go both ways.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

wait a sec, you just posted your thoughts....Did you just blow your mind?

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so San Diego had a 24 point lead, and instead having a conservative plan (running more, short passes, etc) they kept throwing deep, and in double coverage, and look what happened, 4 ints and 2 fumbles, and lost the game.

every team with a 20 point lead entering the 4th quarter are going to run the ball, so the time keeps running.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This Hey Now! stomping provided by
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Connor Barwin must have seen this poll :)

Same for Andre Johnson

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

My vote goes to Jacoby Jones. He hasn't shown up ALL SEASON!!