1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most disappointing Texan player so far

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 16, 2012.

?

Most disappointing so far...

1. Ben Tate

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Connor Barwin

137 vote(s)
    60.1%
  3. Jonathan Joseph

43 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Andre Johnson

35 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Brooks Reed

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Glover Quinn

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. MystikArkitect

Connor easy. J-Jo was playing elite level before the Jets game, so the groin is likely bothering him. He'll be fine after the bye.

Andre has been a severe disappointment. Haven't watched coaches film on him, but in the replays he does look to be consistently double or triple covered. That being said...

...Gary Kubiak needs to be on this list. If you look at the years Baltimore (offense) and Atlanta are having, it appears as if Ryan and Flacco have had the reigns lifted off of them and are more in control of games than years past, and it shows. Kubiak is maddening in the sense that he won't let Schaub be a leader. I also still don't know what we have out of Jean and Martin almost halfway through the season. Kubiak is a great offensive mind but his conservative tactics and micro-management of the offense (see Green Bay, 1st quarter) do more harm than good. If our defense was as conservative as our offense we'd be 3-3.

2. solid

solid Member

Barwin, by far, but AJ has looked as step slow, and JJ has looked several steps slow. Collectively, the offensive line has been subpar.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

I refuse to believe that age has to do with how AJ is playing. At 31 years of age, it shouldn't be that wide of a gap from his good years. Jerry Rice had arguably his best year at age 33. Maybe it could be age, but that should be no excuse.

4. The Real Shady

Yeah, if Barwin had 3 sacks he would be doing his job and people wouldn't be as disappointed. 3-4 OLB's primary job is putting pressure on the QB and getting sacks. He's not getting it done so far this season, and profootballfocus.com, which rate nfl players, rates him as one of the worst OLB's in football this season.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

JJ is playing through a groin injury, so I'm not going to be hard on him.

I'm not too concerned about AJ either. He gets all the secondary attention, and sometimes the game plan is more centered on running the football anyway. So far there really isn't much evidence that says that he's holding back the offense in any way. He'll be fine.

Brooks Reed hasn't been as stellar as he was last season, but he's still doing his job.

But man, Barwin has been a zero this year. No excuse for his utter lack of production. He's not stopping the run. He's not getting QB pressures. He's doing ... nothing. Can't understand what's wrong with him.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Why is Johnson listed on the poll?
    This aint your daddys run and gun offense. Although with our weapons it would be nice.

7. magnetik

magnetik Member

no option for our o-line? Doesn't look close to last year as far as dominating teams with our run game.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Definitely not Quin, not sure why he is on the list

Definitely Joseph

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

On a side note, what is going on with Brandon Harris? You would think he would be able to play if Joseph is seriously bothered by his groin. Especially over McCain....

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Johnson is not getting separation like he used to and he's dropped some passes. He himself has expressed dissatisfaction with his performance. It looked like he played much better vs GB though.

11. rocketblood713

Maybe he wants to be let go and play for his home team in Detroit ...thats what it looks like

12. The Cat

The Cat Member

He's dropped several point-blank interceptions and bit hard on a playaction fake against Green Bay, giving up an uncontested TD. Not that any of these make him terrible, but I think he has room for improvement going forward.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm surprised every week I see him on the inactives list. I really thought he was going to be playing a lot more this season especially after Jason Allen left. Instead Ball is taking those snaps.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would have added Bradie James to the list but I don't think a lot of us were expecting much from him this season.

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Barwin without a doubt. Maybe he will step his game up, lets hope so.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Quin was playing a lot of linebacker in that game with Cushing out and he was out of position a lot. I think he has been pretty great outside of the GB game

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

What is up with this list?

Joseph was playing pretty well game 5 and Tate until the toe thing came up in game 4 was very good for a backup RB. Quin is consistently while not great at coverage, a strong tackler and decent enough that he can still play well against most receivers. Reed while not getting a lot of sacks, is consistently make plays in all of our games.

Barwin and Johnson, you can make a strong case for but the rest, I can't believe you chose these guys.

18. makman

makman Member

Caldwell, given the starting job and lost it to a 4th rnd rookie who has only played center in his career.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Ppl have been calling Barwin out the last couple of games. I voted for Brooks Reed, he was just more impressive last year and is just not performing, seems to be lettingWatt do all the work.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Tate's only good game so far has been the Jacksonville game. Played horrible vs Mia, crucial fumble vs Denver, and pretty bad vs Ten before the injury. There's a reason Arian Foster has had to carry the ball as much this season. Outside of the Jacksonville game (12 carries, 6.2 avg) he's averaging about 5 carries per game and less than 3 yards per carry.

You already mentioned Quinn's struggles in coverage, especially vs tight ends.

Brooks is not consistently making plays in every game; especially compared to how well he was playing to end last season.

What players would you select then?