1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most biased announcers ever ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiketheRocket, May 15, 2015.

1. HookemHorns1250

Barry did everything but wear a Clippers Jersey last night. Brewer drives "That's a travel! Doc even say so!"

"James Harden nearly just pushes people over and some how gets the call"

"I hate Hack-whoever, ruins the game. I love it! They did it, do it back to him!"

Just....ugh. I had to mute it for the first time ever.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Barry was shameful. But it's not only against the Rockets. He is always like this against the "underdogs". Really shameful.

The worst commentators EVER though are the Celtics ones. They are the definition of disgusting.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Local team's announcers are supposed to be homers. National TV commentators should at least appear neutral.

4. danoman

danoman Member

I wonder if Jon had some money one the Clippers? I just don't understand why he would be so biased.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah, I know but there is homer and then there is the celtics announcers. That is not homerism that is blind fanatism.

6. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yes JVG is tomorrows announcer!

7. leroy

leroy Member

Because he forgot to take into account the time that the ball was free. Didn't sound anything like bias...just his observation. It's not like he was yelling and screaming about it.

Watch the play that this refers to. It was a travel that wasn't called. So what?
    On a 180 made layup...it was a pretty amazing shot. Even as a Rockets fan, I was impressed and wouldn't blame the people who are actually paid to commentate on the game for getting excited.

Not sure when this was but Paul played pretty damn well for most of the game.

You guys need to relax on the commentator crap. The games are on ESPN and TNT whether you like it or not. For the most part, they've been pretty objective. They don't have to shower accolades on every Rocket play every damn time. Just because they don't doesn't mean there's anything there. Yes, we know Barkley dislikes Les Alexander. I'm not sure what Kenny Smith's problem is/was. I happen to think Hubie Brown is a great color guy. Barry was ok and he was legitimately surprised and in shock while the Rockets made the run.

Besides, why expend so much anger about something that has no bearing on anything. We know we're not a favorite of the media. So what? Enjoy being the team that no one else wants to win. I think it's more fun being the bad guys.

8. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Disgusting and as unprofessional as one can be. I really wish those guys like that had to answer for such an awful display

9. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Lol oops was referring to barry of coarse

10. malakas

malakas Member

Oh please. It wasn't only that amazing 180 layup that Barry was licking Griffins balls. It was during the WHOLE Rocket's comeback that he refused to give ANY praise and aknowledge their effort.
    And he doesn't do it only against the Rockets. He does it against any team that is the underdog. There are even many threads made about him with countless examples of his bias/idiocy. Should i start posting them?

And yes. Rocket fans deserve to be angry. Because this isn't a teams analyst. It supposed to be the national commentator => someone unbiased. And Jon Barry is not.

1 person likes this.
  11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Seriously? If so, awesome!

12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Awesome, with the side effect of Marc Jacksones lameness.