1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Well, that is a perfect example of what not to do. This is the problem that President Trump is experiencing. He said numerous negative things about President Obama that now apply to him, such as complaining about his golfing- and even questioning Obama's mental health.

It's a good lesson for me and all of us to learn- be careful what you put out there on the web b/c it can come back to haunt you.

JumpMan and leroy like this.
  2. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I have no problem whatsoever if people want to yell and scream and insult each other in anonymity on a forum like this. I just choose not to do it myself. But I do not begrudge others for doing it- I may comment here and there on it, but most of the time, you just let people communicate how they wish.

I'm just weary of this insult-driven atmosphere many of us find ourselves in- I wish it wasn't so rampant. But when you have a President who openly engages in it, it encourages others that this is acceptable- and public discourse is tainted, or ruined, as a result.

Those who become the President of the United States will never be perfect- but he or she should set a better example than the current one is.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

4. conquistador#11

FML downloaded soundcloud app just so I could hear ben stiller read Trump tweets as zoolander now the STUPID app won't leave me alone.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Our Groper-in-Chief tweeted that his presidency has been "enormously consensual"...

Melania faints...

No Worries likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

So now he is tweeting about himself in third person? This is surely a sign of mental acuity for a super genius.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Know how there is an entire subreddit (r/trumpcritizestrump) devoted to Trump being a flaming hypocrit?

I bet you could probably fuel a 100 page long thread with similar quotes from biggie.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nah. Classic dictators like to force other people to sing their praises.

Oh wait...

You and @dandorotik are both in the wrong for not having @bigtexxx on ignore in the first place. Bag, you're new so you don't understand he's trolling you, fine. Dan, you should know by now not to feed the trolls.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Lots taken out of context, but let the hysterical liberals go along thinking they have something. I frustrate them because they cannot refute my points.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The experience is dramatically altered with trolls like bigotexx on ignore. Dan should have learned this lesson by now.

12. conquistador#11

beautiful tremendously tremendous words by our president as he went into rally mode at a non rally :
    "oh are you happy you voted for me. You are so lucky THAT I gave you that privilege." He sounds like one of those demented characters in those fictional Bannon and Wolff political thrillers. He also went on to talk about how he defeated crooked hilary in some election thing.

13. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I don't know your debates with them- all I know is what I see. You seem to have contradicted yourself- but you're right, I don't know the context. And it could be that you were misinterpreted- or that they are right- but it's not my place to interject my comments.

I do feel that there are some conservatives who have criticized Obama for things that they ignore when Trump does them- but, that's their own deal. There are liberals who are batshit crazy about some of the things Trump which really aren't that big of a deal.

I'll refrain from criticizing posters- I'll stick to the topics.

14. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I don't know what ignore is.

15. conquistador#11

Some bad hambres in those eggball leagues.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ignore is a function where you can elect to not see posts by certain members. It is used to ignore posts by members that you deem to be purposefully trying to troll others.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If you're looking for hypocrisy, look no further to the liberals on here crying about the Trump tax plan, which they claim will increase our debt by $1.5T, yet they were silent went Obama raised it by many times that...

RocketsLegend likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you keep making things up?

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're like a little lamb in the lion's den. ;)

I actually totally agree with you. We've got baggage and old fights we bring to these threads, and it can be tiresome and ugly, especially for people that haven't seen the genesis. It'll happen to you too. Ignore will help preserve your sanity. If you click someone's name, you see their profile and there are several actions you can take, including ignore. Once you put a person on ignore, you won't see their posts nor their threads, nor quotes from them when others quote them. There will be a little link at the bottom that says Show Ignored Posts and, if you are wondering who it is everyone is arguing with, you can click it and see. So, when you realize that a poster is bringing nothing worthwhile to the table and you're just wasting your time reading and responding, put them on ignore and let the bliss wash over you.

JeffB and NewRoxFan like this.