1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mormons leaving faith behind

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by txppratt, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The growth of Mormonism isn't surprising, especially since global missionary work is required of all males. It'd be interesting to see the growth of Mormonism in North America vs. its worldwide growth.

I do agree that Mormonism does not stand up well to modern analysis, given its young age and history. When originating claims of your faith don't align with modern DNA analysis and archeological evidence (see: Dream Mine, it's tough to stand up to scrutiny.

1 person likes this.
  3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

For real. I played in a Mormon church once and everyone was dunking. Crazy:eek:

But it's sad how brainwashed they are. Not saying other religions aren't BS but we have documented proof that they're religion was bs and their founder a con man.

1 person likes this.
  4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uv5W1eFVtSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but then there's this video too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QdPFlNEOkac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

there's a full court basketball gym in every meeting house. it's god's game for mormons.

i don't want my voice to be the only one in the thread and i'm not the greatest communicator via writing - but i will find some time to contribute to this thread. if you're believing member - great just hope you've done your homework -and at the very least read bushman's rough stone rolling.

thanks for all the comments - just thought this was worthy of discussion. there are countries in the world who filter their internet for this very purpose. other religions are dealing with this same issue.

there's a war going on in Washington right now around who controls the freedom of information via web

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

you are correct, huge drop in growth.

http://roundelmike.com/2013/05/lds-church-growth-statistics-anomalies-since-1970/

i am getting this from the hundreds of people i know across the western U.S. many who are mormons who no longer believe, but from all denominations really. Salt Lake City may be ahead of the curve on this one. (but i'll see if i can find some data)

#26 txppratt, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  7. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh New Member

I think it was Lawrence Krauss who said "faith" is the ability to believe anything based on insufficient evidence, which captures all the major religions in a nutshell.