1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's offer to Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Jul 13, 2014.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

So let me start off by saying that I agree that Morey shouldn't of signed Parsons for the max........BUT I have a strange suspicion that Morey really low balled him. Especially after seeing what Gordon Hayward received, I assume this really pissed off Chandler and hours later he was signing on the dotted line. I think that Parsons would of signed here for 4/40 - 4/48, knowing that the Rox were going after Bosh. If this is true, Morey needs to stop thinking that people are idiots because let's be honest.......it hurts seeing Chandler in Blue. The only good thing about this off season, is at some point within the next couple of hours Morey is starring at himself in the mirror. Hopefully, things change for the better.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

suspicion? Morey low balls everybody he doesn't consider to be a star, unless he's put in the position where his overconfident tactics back him into a corner and he ironically ends up overpaying (Lin/Ariza in the past).

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think he thinks players are golden fish when it comes to the brain things

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't know what he offered...but he low-balled.

Gordon Hayward got the max so the Rockets should offer the max.

LOL

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

So let me start of by saying I have a strange feeling that you are making sh** up and drawing conclusions from it...I guess that's all.

1 person likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Murray greedy for assets!

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Parsons has an agent & his job is to get his client the most money possible. Mission accomplished.

I like Chandler but not for the max.

8. haydenfisher342

see trevor ariza

9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's hypothetical what Morey offered Parsons, but once you low ball anyone and don't budge, you lose a ton of respect. If this was the case then Morey needs to be more a little more "flexible" with future negotiations.

10. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

yea, i wonder what we offered him. at the very least, i think he woulda listened to something slightly under the max that coulda been less crippling for us. but i think there was def a huge lowball here.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree.

This is amazing. What's even more amazing that there are a few long time posters who applaud these types of threads and posts just so they can get their two line bashing in.

If you want to criticize Morey, go ahead. But don't make things up and leave logic at the doorstep in your efforts to do so. Giving your stamp of approval to those who do just helps dumb down the garm. So, kudos on that, I guess?

12. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

I have a feeling the parson will become an allstar in a year or two

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

14. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I created the thread to discuss possibilities. I wanted to read opinions and share mine as well. Chandler gave three quality years to the Rockets and I'm "sure" he was highly disappointed with Morey's offer. Hayward's offer sheet became public before the sit down with Parson's. So at least Morey had an idea of the range of pay Chandler would be open to. Seeing what Ariza signed for, again I "assume" that Parson's offer was very similar.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hi guys, I don't know anything, but I want to rant about Morey, so I'll make crap up.

Signed, bleedroxred79

16. count_dough-ku

Or he'll at least put up All-Star numbers like Dragic did(before being snubbed). Carlisle is gonna turn Parsons into a stud. He'll actually play defense again with the Mavs.

And yes, I don't doubt for one second that Morey lowballed Parsons.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Here's the thing about Ariza's deal: we could bring him in on that salary AFTER giving Bosh the max. We could do this using a TPE. So, we could renounce Parsons completely to clear the cap space, and lose the right to match him.

He wasn't needed.

If we had landed Bosh, Parsons would have averaged 10-12 points per game as 4th option, so Morey was heading in other directions after seeing Parsons numbers (probably after seeing Haywards).

Nobody can blame Parsons for taking the ca$h - who wouldn't? But to think Morey even made him an offer could be crazy - he would let the market determine the value of Parsons, and have a backup plan in case the market exceeded his own expectations.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Pretty sure morey lowballed him but I have a feeling even if morey offered 12m a year parsons still wouldn't be happy. He truly believes he deserves the max.

19. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I curious as to what I typed that implied that I'm making things up? I'm SUSPICIOUS that Morey really low balled Parsons. I would expect for everyone to mostly agree. IF Morey was unwilling to budge, then Morey ultimately shot himself in the foot. Based on Chandler's behavior that night, it seemed to me at least to be a strong possibility.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Actually. parson stat almost identical to Pippin for the 1st three years