1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's keys to the off-season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh yeah I agree I do like Baynes I just didn’t know he was that old.

saleem likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Rebounder... rebounding... rebound.... is it offensive to get a rebounder?!?!?!?!

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Just watching the Lakers and Denver game and had me thinking about Jerami Grant.
    The truth of the matter is players like him, Ibaka Millsap are not attainable given our MLE being the only thing we have to offer. But even if we did have a horseshoe up our ass, if we had the same team and simply added a Jerami Grant last offseason, we really wouldn’t have achieved much more if we can be brutally honest. We lost 4-1 to LA. Mayyybee we would have taken them to 6 if we had that little more, but in reality we are so far away a Jerami Grant ain’t going to do that much for us next year. And it won’t be easier with the Clippers and us being the only two of probably the top 10 teams not certain to improve, not to mention the return of the Warriors with lord knows what else they’ll be adding with that lottery pick to dangle for a trade.

Honestly didn’t regret the trade all season, but after the results this year I sort of wish we still had Capela. He had his limitations but was our best (and only) young player by far, and had gotten better every year before having a crappy few months this season, and Harden was better with him. His injury probably would have kept him out all of this season so could have been a bigger disaster this season but damn. We sacrificed some of Harden’s game to suit Westbrook’s more, which was a huge mistake. You gotta go all in on your best player.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

If we had Chris Paul instead of Westbrook, still trade for Covington and say use those picks we have left on a situational big(maybe Christian Wood).....I believe we win and easily at that. So much of what the Lakers were doing were based on Westbrook sucking...it was really ugh. You never see those doubles with Chris Paul.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hmm. You’re probably right considering we’d have all those picks to use in trades. Though if we still had CP I’d rather have kept Clint, well if he was healthy.

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea that's my only thing, if could somehow keep Clint and retain covington with those picks Id be down as well.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets have 0 money to make a roster move, probably cant find anyone to take on gordon or westbrook contracts. I think the rockets only shot is they have 2 superstars who could sway a signing or 2 ala ibaka or Roberson, id assume they gotten there dollars and want to win? I have no clue what morey can pull, but he may be under the hot seat this next summer if he doesnt do anything. I assume he trys to trade Gordon, but who knows..

saleem likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They should use the full MLE on a good player, if he fits our needs. Try to buy a 2nd pick and draft another Melton type. Cut Bruno. Softies aren't needed. If Morey can acquire Anthony Randolph , it would be good for us.
    @ApacheWarrior , @D-rock

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

How many years has Westbrook been in the league? He isn't going to suddenly improve his 3-point shot. That ship has sailed. He should not be shooting 3-pointers. The team is best when he's limiting them and driving to the basket. What's that, you say, well Houston's a 3-point shooting team, so he doesn't fit? Exactly.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he can improve if he practices it a lot... a small improvement is all we need...Josh Smith did it....
    its not like Harden is shooting 50% on 3s