1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Dwight Howard Package

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 7, 2012.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ok cool i didnt know theyre cap space going into the next offseason... but would they chase dwight already having horford? Would they risk upsetting horford by pertaining to dwight... what happens to horford and that team if they go all out for dwight and fail?

I see atlanta trading j.smooth at the deadline for talent and/or picks to restock and hope for the better going forward...

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Does anyone on this forum really trust Howard after the 3 month long hissy fit he just threw? Do any of the front offices in the NBA trust him not to be some screeching diva? In my eyes he acted like someone who should be taking anti-psychotics. Can you imagine putting up with that clown all next season? Adults keep their mouth shut until they make their decision.

Just saying.

3. BigMaloe

I dont really trust him... but his talent is too good too ignore...

I dont trust drummond, jonesIII, etc... but the talent is too good too ignore...

4. supa

supa Contributing Member

Horford hates playing center and wants to play power forward. Most agree he would be even better playing at power forward

5. BigMaloe

I have not heard this before but ill take your word for it...

I still see the team with the best odds at signing dwight come 2013 FA is brooklyn is they still have dwill and cap space... dallas if they sign dwill and have cap space... or the team that trades for dwight...

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

but if it works out, we can get very good very fast.... if it doesn't we can get very bad very fast without tanking. Do you see what I did there? :grin:

7. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I think that if Orlando includes Turkaglu then the draft picks we send back should be 0-1. If they don't include Turkey, then they can have #14 & #16 and maybe the Mavs pick.

My 2 alternative trade proposals:

Lowry, Martin, Patterson, #14, #16, 2013 Mavs pick for Dwight Howard

or

Lowry, Martin, Patterson, Dalembert, #16 for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkaglu.

Other options may be to trade up with Lowry to #5 with Lowry, and Scola and trade just Martin, Dalembert and #5 for Dwight.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If not we can always try to trade for LeBron

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What extra money is griffin bringing to the clipps that will benefit the team more than their local tv and cable package? Those kia commercials mean 0 to clippers bottomline.

Gsw could offer bogut and their pick this yr and in 2014 for howard. Howard would have the entire bay area (6 tv market) plus a young stud curry,emerging player in thompson,and pretty good supporting cast with wright,lee,and biendrens.

Lakers could offer bynum,gasol,and sessions for howard,hedo,and nelson. Hedo and gasol both have 2 yrs left on their contracts. Nelson,bynum,and sessions have 1 yr left on their deals. That's 39m going out and coming in for both teams.

Just think if portland gets in it. They already have LA as a major piece. Maybe winning is more important to howard than what the detractors are giving him credit for. What about #6 & 11 plus crawford and babbit and a future 1st for howard. Then go get LA's homeboy deron williams?

Orlando has options,a lot of them, but they're just contemplating which deal will look the best down the road.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

OKC Thunder should made a run for Howard and we could be the third team in the trade ... perhaps we can get Harden + Perkins or Ibaka.
    OKC and their new big three (in the starting line-up): Westbrook, Durant and D12 ... they would dominate the West for years. :eek:

PG: Dragic
    SG: Harden
    SF: Parsons
    PF: ??
    C: Perkins or Ibaka

... Wishfull thinking: I know. :rolleyes:

OKC could trade straight up for Howard with a nice package: Harden, Ibaka or Perkins, fillers, and picks.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't want him running my company...but I'll take him to run the low post.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Huh? I haven't read this entire thread, so maybe I'm missing a piece of your hypothetical; but I don't think the Rockets will necessarily have tons of cap space "regardless" of how Howard is acquired.

I suppose there's the amnesty route, although even then, there's no guarantee that max cap room is created (i.e., if Martin and Scola get traded in that deal or another trade and the Rockets take back tons of salary in one or more deals).

If I've learned one thing trying to "game" Morey's moves, it's that I CAN'T game his moves. There are no guarantees about what the Rockets will or won't do (or what cap room they will or won't have). Not with the star-depleted roster this team has right now.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

What's your best guess of a Daryl Morey package for a Dwight Howard deal?

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

We will facilitate a deal with Brooklyn to land Lopez, write it down.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hits the latino market... check

Not really a star but talented... check

Will get marketed heavily and convince fans we have something to "build around"... check

Won't be able to attract a star to play with... check

Will eventually be boo'ed by fans because he isn't what marketing will try to sell him as... check.

Yeah I'd agree with you.

16. BimaThug

Supporting Member

I honestly have no clue what it will take. So much depends on whether Orlando can get a new GM in place in the next couple of weeks and determine its strategy regarding the timing of a Howard trade. Frankly, if a new GM isn't hired VERY SOON, I seriously doubt the Magic will trade Howard on draft night. And if Howard isn't traded on draft night (or at least shortly thereafter with a wink-wink deal in place), I think the Rockets' chances to acquire him in trade drop considerably, seeing as how the #14 and #16 picks (along with Dalembert's temporarily mostly-nonguaranteed contract) would be among the Rockets' most highly-coveted assets to a rebuilding Orlando team and that all of those assets would be lessened after the draft/June 30.

Gun to my head, though, I'd say it starts with Lowry. You'd probably have to add 2-3 out of the following: Parsons, Patterson, Morris, Bud, D-Mo's draft rights, Llull's draft rights, #14 and #16. Fill it out with veterans to make salaries match (to the extent necessary): Dalembert, Scola, Martin (with the young player crop increasing or decreasing depending on the veteran talent level being traded).

Bottom line: The package will be more than many Rockets fans want to give up. But it may still be the Rockets' best play.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If you plan on facilitating a deal for Lopez then why not facilitate a deal for Bynum instead?

I know we are all sick and tired of the same old story we get year after year in trying to acquire that "star" but this should finally be the year Daryl Morey pulls it off.

Write.it.down.

18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Completely wrong except for the GSW point... The lakers cant take on Hedos contract = deal over....

Clippers and Bulls wont rent Howard. If he listed them as a destination where he would extend, then this is a different story... It has been reported he has no interest in CHI whatsoever... Clippers possibly, but highly doubtful they trade there precious BlaKIA

19. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Hahahahaha. I don't agree with the implied criticism of the Rockets organization, but you've pretty much summed up why I don't want to jump through hoops to acquire (by overpaying) Brook Lopez.

Good young player. He'd be one of the Rockets' best players. But he's no star.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

:rolleyes: