1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Morey's best move, In YOUR Opinion.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cowboii, Jul 27, 2009.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

HaHa, not resigning Wafer as requested by DD and his fellow.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey's NEXT move will be his best move. :D

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Then why didn't they? You think San An wanted to trade Luis to a division rival? The probably only team offering an expiring deal and willing to take on Jackie Butler was us. Clearly, it turned out well. He should get props for that.

4. Got Em

Got Em Member

No brainer- turning our 2008 1st rd pick Nicolas Batum into Ron Artest, Joey Dorsey, 2009 2nd rd pick. DM would've been deemed a witch back during the Salem Witch Trials.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

His best physical move,
    Meeting with the key target free agents right at midnight at their doorstep. Drumming up fan support and hype behind their possible acquisition, then still having alternative plans in mind 6 options deeper than the fans see.

Next summer he'll be at Lebron or D-Wade's doorstep with their name on a Rockets jersey. Then bring over some under-the-radar player from Europe, or some defensive minded respected name (Battier, Artest, Ariza) giving up little to no assets.

6. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

My fav Morey move has to be the Rio Grande takeover. They got an NBDL team for basically free while other teams such as the Spurs (haha) had to pay for theirs. Amazing foresight, patience, and initiative by the Morey regime

7. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

stealing scola from san antonio
    thanks morey

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Using McGrady's contract to acquire a young, up-and-coming wing player, a serviceable Center and a decent sized expiring contract.

Oh wait, I'm a few months early.

9. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

my favorite move by morey was the scola trade, but the cleverest trade in my opinion was bonzi wells and mike james for bobby jackson. this was his only move that i responded to with outrage - bonzi was serving well as a scoring punch behind mcgrady that season and i thought that the hornets ripped us off badly. instead, bonzi left the league after that season, mike james proved his worthlessness once more, and jackson landed us artest.

10. thino

thino Contributing Member

scola ofcourse, and obtaining AB and landry. DM is has made the best move since he's been here. i'm hoping anderson will prove alot of us wrong.

anderson appreciation thread coming soon..

11. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Which was good for a year only. :(

12. Seth

Seth Member

So we can all agree that his work is not so allmighty, as all the "great moves" in considerations are what are called "minor moves".

Scola has been the most impact player Morey is considered to obtain for good, and after him Brooks who is basically one season away to show his real self.

Too bad that we cannot point a single major move that is worth mentioning.

13. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Who ever found Morey
    & making him GM was the Greatest move!