1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MOREY WHO??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I’m happy Daryl’s offensive system and his fetish for undersized players are gone. Tbh He was a little too smart for his own good. This team is starting to look real good. I’m ready to see some real basketball, no more gimmicks.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was pretty upset when Morey left.

I am a very reactive fan and I jump the gun a lot so forgive what I’m about to say but....

Stone >>>> Morey

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love Morey, - and impressed with Stone.

DD

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

****ing Stone love that dude I swear so far he is what Morey claimed to be

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rats already out.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Don’t bring out the anointing oil yet. This year is the final test drive for two disgruntled superstars. We’ll see his real skill next summer.

Corrosion and clos4life like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I loved Morey but after a few years he forgot that at the end of the day it's BASKETBALL not MATH. Remains to be seen if he still thinks this way but I'd bet on it.

True Rocket, bmelo and DaDakota like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

voice A: 'nothing but statistics'
    voice B: 'intangible matters'

BamBam and ipaman like this.
  10. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOLO

I don't think it's dumb at all and the main reason why Harden wanted out was because of how last season ended and how the roster looked going into this season!

I believe the main reason why Morey left was because he didn't see any way out! MDA left, Westbrook didn't fit and he knew TF was not going to spend any more money, based upon how the season ended.

Stone has coming in and literally turn this roster around! And in the mist of it, I can FINALLY see a LEGITIMATE PLAN AND NOT JUST SOMEONE THROWING PLAYERS ON A TEAM AND HOPING IT WORKS. Morey said himself, he just wants talented players and that they can work it out. That is not how your build a team.

Finally, you can not build a championship team drafting small players; Aaron Brooks, Luther Head, Joey Dorsey, Carl Landry, etc. Those days are gone and I for one am HAPPY!

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

our defense is going to be awful....i know people will say, "well it was bad before!"

we were a great defensive team in the bubble, just not against the eventual champs as it was just a terrible matchup.

i wonder if we will go to a zone of some sort now (assuming we don't trade WB and harden)

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Man what a terrible thread. Im actually embarrassed(but no surprised) by what I'm reading in here.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

What exactly has he turned around. Everyone must have missed it. Demarcus cousins the one who tore his Achilles. Torn quad Oh and also Acl.

you couldn’t have chosen a worse time to make a thread like this and set yourself up

Sooty and HP3 like this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You and OP are both hyperbolic af.

1. This would be the first season Cousins was available at the min. Thus first season the Rockets could get him.
    2. Obviously Morey likes Woods he was literally the first person to sign him to a contract.
    3. Morey is the one who promoted Stone to 2nd In command. So obviously they see the world at least similarly enough.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I hope you're right, but did he move the needle for the warriors or lakers? nope. you can't rule out the chance that this is just Melo 2.0. when was the last time a minimum signing moved the needle?

lets take off our rockets homer glasses for a second and be objective. low risk / right reward, sure. but the chances are slim that he is a difference maker at this point in his career. hopefully he can give us solid backup minutes and add some depth for the regular season. that's a realistic hope for him.

Corrosion, MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

been here since '01. I'm flame proof lol. I don't mind sharing unpopular opinions, but I think we have to temper our expectations of wood and cousins.

some are acting like wood is part of a big 3 now. he's not a max guy. he's paid as a starter and that's what we should expect. some are thinking cousins is part of the big 3. he's not. he's a minimum guy on a non guaranteed deal. that's how much faith the rockets, and the rest of the league have in him. meanwhile most of this board has more faith in him than every nba GM and scout lol.

all I'm saying is lets look at this objectively. its easy to get caught up in the hope and homerism. realistically wood is equal value to roco, as you said he's more offense and roco is more defense. we needed size, youth, athleticism, and wood brings all of that. we also need to improve our defense more than our offense, and moving our best defender for another scorer doesn't help there. so this grade is incomplete. equal value, seemingly better fit, but at the cost of the best defender from a very average defensive team. we'll see.

stone deserves credit for making the team more versatile by adding 2 centers with high upside. we have to give him credit there. now, as I said, if he wants to truly impress, bring in another starter using some combination of gordon/house/pj/picks.

Y2JT, Sooty, RustyHarden and 3 others like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

We were great defensive team. Until it counted

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’m much more in the camp of trying to split Westbrook into multiple rotation players than aggregating our depth into a single starter. Of course it depends on what the market will give us either way.

IMO, our priority should be gaining momentum going into free agency and having the space to sign a big name. That’s the best way to keep Harden. Getting rid of Westbrook is step one for that.

For Wood, it’s too soon to tell what he will be. I do think we are underplaying his weaknesses some...ie tunnel vision on offense and lack of strength on defense. At the same time, he has not played with creators like Harden or Westbrook before, so there is a chance he’s exceptional as a finisher and good enough at everything else...ie an all-star. He at least has some self awareness about his weaknesses based on his interview with The Ringer.

Y2JT and MettaWorldPete like this.
  19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Y'all talk too soon, a**holes. Wait a few years to see if Stone really is a good GM.

Sooty and HP3 like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Stop talking rubbish