1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey trolls non specific NBA announcers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Dec 3, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

I like Bullard. Sure, some of his jokes are corny but he's all Rockets and decent as a color guy. When paired with Ackerman, they are pretty good...top half of announcing teams in the NBA for sure.

Worrell is so imbeded in the Rockets DNA it's hard to think of him as retiring but his abilities have gone WAY downhill over the past 10 years. Clyde is just horrible in ways I hadn't thought of before listening to him.

slothy420 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Your list is good, but needs to be updated with Sean Elliot as the worst of the worst. Eddie Johnson's pure and utter hatred of Harden alone makes me want to punch him in the face. I had love for him because of his stint with the Rockets, but he's gone full shitlord with his hating.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll always love Clyde for what he did under Coach Lewis, and getting the championship with Dream after the trade. That was like a fantasy come true. But in front of a mike? Keep him away! He's beyond awful!

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Patience like this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

Boston and Philly have some of the worst announcers. I've watched Embiid jump and then come down with full momentum while swinging his arms and hitting the opponents' head, and the announcers were calling the league soft for reviewing it for a possible flagrant. That **** infuriated me. Can you at least try to be objective. Not to mention they are always calling out their opponents for flopping while having the biggest flopper in the league (Embiid) on their own team. But when Embiid does it, it's skill and craftiness and high basketball IQ and unmatched talent etc. etc.

Also...

#24 omgTHEpotential, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ehhhh.... if im at home i think just about any commentary is better than none. ive seen some summer league games with no announcer and did not enjoy it at all.

morey should learn to stfu sometimes man

6. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

I wish they would just let Craig and Bull do all the games.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wish we could have somehow scanned/copied the brains and voices of Gene Peterson and Jim Foley and had them calling games forever. When I was a kid, I really took for granted how great they were. I just assumed every team had announcers like them.

Remlap, D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I dont know if it is sentimentality, but I have been enjoying Bill, Bull, and Glide quite a bit this year

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or an empty lower bowl?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

And?

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Boston, molding state, and phoenix come to mind immediately.

Add sean eilliots b**** ass in the mix of turruhbull announcing.

#31 donkeypunch, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    slothy420 likes this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think that's what Morey was referring to?!?!?

;)

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No and..... I'm pretty tired of their homer act myself. And this is coming from someone in my mid 30s that grew up on Bill and Calvin..... and Lisa Malosky.

14. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Could he have meant that it would be pretty cool listening to the stadium atmosphere in certain cities like New York, LA, Boston, Utah etc. ?

15. likestohypeguy

just unplug your center channel, no announcers, all ambiance.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like Ackerman's gusto but I've noticed in highlight vids, the play splicer usually switches to the other teams announcers.

Made me wonder if he's too much for non fans

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That’s honestly a great idea. There are only a handful of competent basketball announcers

18. Agent94

Agent94 Member

They were angry that Harden played until the third quarter, but there was no mention of Trae Young playing the entire game to pad his stats.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

You'd think Morey would learn his lesson after that last twitter fiasco. Why can't he be like other GMs and just stay off trolling on twitter. He can easily do it on a burner account or just hire a media manager to blame if he oversteps, god knows he can afford it.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I think you just answered your question