1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

Yep. It is what it is. Harden is among the very few (maybe only Lebron) who could drag a mediocre into the playoffs in a competitive conference but winning it all.....

2. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

I saw rumors of Heat and Harden, which is why I think Butler would want to play with him. Plus Butler almost came here, and the idea of winning would probably make him push for the Heat to acquire Harden. We would do right by Harden and have a quick turnaround with multiple sharpshooters and a star in Bam. Then be able to use Russ to get more assets from the Wolves/Knicks. We need multiple firsts.

HP3 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Because he's proven himself with great moves with those who are ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION. Secondly, what makes you think our BUFFON OF AN OWNER. WIll ever hire someone with quality? Morey is a top 3 GM. And we just lost him. He will be replaced with trash.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea Tillman is great we are going to be sooo good after this. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    No one takes you seriously because you blame ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING on James. There are plenty of people acknowledging James. You always say the same damn thing. And @Nook has already said that James was told the trade wasnt gonna go through and was fine with it. But it was Tillman who forced it. So im asking for once, just be informed about the situation. But you've probably been wanting this rebuild for a long time anyways.

5. Asian Sensation

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...stbrook-know-how-to-play-with-each-other/amp/

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey called his franchise star to discuss his potential fit with the triple-double king, and Harden gently cut Morey off and reminded him: “I know how to play with Russ and he knows how to play with me,” Morey told ESPN’s Zach Lowe of the conversation on Thursday in Las Vegas.

Sounds like Westbrook was originally Tilman’s idea, Morey said no ****ing way and Tilman forced Morey’s hand and had him ask Harden who said **** yeah! So yeah.... ultimately it is on Harden that we got stuck with his BFF Westbrick.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both Tilman and Harden were responsible for the Westbrook trade. Clutch wrote a piece at that time how it was against all the principles of our team building. To me even without the insider scoops, it was quite clear that Morey's hand was forced.

Anyway, now that it looks like it's not very possible that we will win a chip in the Harden era, I am okay with trading Harden. I have always felt that we would never get anything better by trading Harden. That is probably still true. But if we are going nowhere with him, then we need to rebuild rather than hold on to him.

I hope we will do a Hershel Walker trade to get us back on track before it's too late.

HP3 likes this.
  7. 18pbr

18pbr Member

You are probably right. But go back and listen to what Morey said about James during the trade discussions.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

why? This is an old discussion and many of us already know what happened. the others just haven't done the research or choosing to just be oblivious towards it

18pbr and HP3 like this.
  9. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I agree with what you are saying, I just think James has more involvement than people think on the Westbrook trade. That's his buddy and he wanted to play with him, but at the end of the day it was on Tillman for signing off on the deal and pressing forward on it. But if James did not want him in Houston, I have a hard time believing Tillman would have pressed forward.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't. The reason why Tilman decided was because everyone else either told him not to ala operations and james who contrary to some of your assumptions still wanted cp3 here. People keep forgetting he wanted to add someone to their pair. *Ahem* he tried to recruit butler all summer and got ghosted in the end. that was the plan from the beginning. westbrick only became an option later on because yet another player decided to leave him because he sucks.

HP3 likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

Hahaha! So you don't see how after bricking 27 3's, taking a step closer to rim will actually help? Maybe you're stupider than YOLO. BTW, a open midrange shot (2pts) is worth more than a 3pt brick (0).

2>0

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahah and they got swept. The great guru @hakeemthagreat with his usual dumb takes.

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

loool goodbye should have put you on ignore long ago.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/10/16/21519593/daryl-morey-houston-rockets-luxury-tax-resign

Seems like a lot of fans need to read this article.

A few of the important quotes...

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Since our last finals appearance 17 different franchises have made the finals and we arent one of them... Thats mediocrity its about damn time things changed around here.

Yall realize this is the longest drought between finals appearances in this franchises history? Hell Morey said it every year himself the goal is a championship and he failed year after year after year.

But yall keep acting like we just lost the greatest thing in Rockets history.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Crocketball Fan and HP3 like this.
  17. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I will never eat at another Landry's again. I miss Les...

I just have a really bad feeling about all of this. Feels like the beginning of a very dark period in Rockets history. At this rate, the Harden era will be over in just a year or two to flip him for the rebuild. He'll be damn ready to leave, too. Never seen a team go from "all in" to "this" in less then a year.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Crocketball Fan likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

This is a horrible way to evaluate things. Like it has not context whatsoever and you call it mediocrity. Sorry but this not the way to evaluate performance.

We lost one of the best GMs in the league with a trash owner at the forefront. The people who are informed about the situation are obviously upset.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

And when does a PLAN B ever really work....like really?