1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey=Sam Presti 2.0?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KelvinCato13, Jul 13, 2014.

1. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I know many of us here (and the rest of the NBA) have and always will give Presti the business in terms of botching that OKC team and seemingly handing us James Harden rather than letting him play out his contract and letting that Thunder team of KD/Westbrook/Harden have one more run. EVERYONE was singing Morey's praises for getting over on Presti but it seems today Morey has done the SAME exact thing with Parsons by not letting him finish out the contract and giving the Rockets one last run...

The situations are eerily similar:
    1)Harden played 3rd fiddle and many OKC fans were saying that the money Harden wanted was too much for a "ROLE PLAYER"
    2) that Harden was merely a benefactor of the system and
    3)the fact that he was playing with KD and Durant was the only reason he was good
    4) Disappears too much in games

just like how many people here are saying Parsons isn't worth 15 million and is only good cause he's with D12 and Harden and that he disappears..

Harden got to come to Houston and got the green light to do is thing and the Thunder have been eating crow since

Chandler Bang is going to have the green light in Dallas behind an aging Dirk and is going to shine!

Unfortunately for us we don't have the 2nd best player in the NBA to fall back on like OKC did..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yI871TtWu0

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Parsons wishes he was half the player Harden is.

3. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

Shut up

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Parsons as the focal point of a team's offense will be worse than Ariza in that role. I wish nothing on him but the worst now.

5. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Perhaps but before the end of this coming season Morey will see that CP25 was worth the contract and we should have kept developing that core of D12/Harden/Parsons and quality depth..

CP25 can ball and now he can reach his full potential with a coach like Carlise...the Team USA nod is just another sigh how much the league values CP25

6. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

The funny thing is OKC fans said the same things about Harden being the focal point in an offense and that he was a traitor for wanting more money and not being down with the cause...for our sakes I do hope it doesn't happen with us but it doesn't look good

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm sorry - if Morey got canned tomorrow he would have his pick of a very large number of teams to go work for the very next day. That's a fact.

He hasn't won them all, but he certainly has won a lot without having a ultra desirable location or celebrity fans to boost his cause. Literally any other small market team would hire him in a heartbeat and probably a few large market teams too.

8. dream2franchise

OKC had already made the finals though right? That's what makes the Harden decision a poor one.

I'd like to think we're keeping Parsons if we had that kind of success and were that close. As it turns out, we got bounced in round one.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Chandler Parsons is not that deep... he's not Larry Bird or Jerry West. Chill the F out.

10. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Time will tell! But this was one of those times where Morey was just too smart for his own good.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

The situations are not similar:mad:

R U Serious??

Really????

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Morey "mistake" and Presti's mistake is not even remotely comparable. OKC essentially turned the Rockets into a legitimate threat in the West with that trade since it directly led to the Dwight Howard signing.

And could you imagine if that led to Chris Bosh? We would've owed Sam Presti a championship ring.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden put up all world efficiency as a 3rd option and was part of the olympic team...

14. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I didn't say he was going to be a HOF'er just that he was going to be well worth the contract just like how Harden is worth the contract he's on....Also Harden isn't in the same category as those guys either so I'm not sure why you mentioned Bird or West..

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Preach

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also Harden is a 3rd overall pick...Parsons a 2nd round pick.

So it was much more likely for Harden to bust out then Parsons.

17. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

How is it not similar....? The only thing left TBD is if this is going to come back to bite us in the butt or not with how well he performs there and time will tell that. The rest of it is accurate.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just stop before you embarrass yourself even further.

P.S. We want our money back

1 person likes this.
  19. torocan

torocan Member

Harden was one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA when he was the 3rd option in OKC. That and he can create his own shot.

Parsons isn't even in the same stratosphere as the 3rd scoring option with the Starters that Harden was playing as the 6th man for OKC. Not to mention that OKC team was a legitimate championship contender... as in they actually went to contend for a championship vs an ignominious first round exit.

Parsons is good, but let's not get carried away...

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think some of you guys are forgetting: Parsons can't dribble...

Remember when Mchale, mesmerized by Parsons' beautifully manicured hair, put the ball in Parsons' hands at the end of game? I went horribly wrong..