1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey] Robert Covington and BJ Young now members of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

On Casspi, Morey has talked about how important system is for a player. Sure, the all-star can generally overcome the system, but the role players need to play their role. Morey brings in a lot of guys to see if they can fit in with what the Rockets are doing. If a player doesn't work, Morey removes them. With almost all Morey's moves, he does not hurt cap flexibility to acquire a star by median or worse players.

Morey is like a gold prospector as he went through a lot of below average players to find Parsons and Beverley and to a lesser extent, Greg Smith.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I actually think Casspi will be in the Rockets rotation. I think he will see minutes as a stretch PF, much like Parsons. I think Casspi will be similar to his Kings days where he can get up and down the floor and run versus in Cleveland.

3. grumpypenguin

grumpypenguin New Member

Arkansas fan here who has watched a lot of BJ Young. He played here for two years and brought excitement back to the Arkansas program that had been lacking since the departure of Nolan Richardson. After his freshman season he was a lock to be a lottery pick before attempting to change his shot. Changing his shooting form resulted in inconsistencies and a flatter shot, from what I've seen his shooting form has reverted back to his freshman form. This guy is one of the best finishers at the basket I've ever seen in my life.

The reason he struggled so mightily in his Sophomore season is because extra pressure was added to him to be the primary ball handler and distributor. I believe this was his first time where his primary role was distributor and not slasher and you could definitely see it affect his game. Give him about a year or so in the D league to work on his decision making and shooting and he can be a starter in the league. He is literally unstoppable on the fast break, the only person I've seen run the floor faster than him is Derick Rose. He has lottery pick potential and you got him as an UDFA, you should be ecstatic