1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey, please only trade TMAC alone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Feb 9, 2010.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Everybody knows rockets is a great team because of their players always playing with their hearts. They are fighting hard like a real warrior even without their best player. They don't have much talent, but they are always so energetic and giving their fans surprise again and again. Brooks, Landry, Scola, Lowry, Hayes, Battier, ...... even Ariza, I love all these guys, because I never question about their heart. They have great chemistry out there. Provided they have Big Yao next season, they will gear together and become an elite team. TMAC is just the only one should be moved. Trade him for any good player would benefit this team a lot. It's OK if we can't make any trade since we can pay much attention on free agents in offseason. Morey, please keep this team intact, please trade TMac only. Being addicted in trade games can't bring this team a championship.

2. RocketMania1991

A wise man once said "To receive talent you must give talent."

Sadly most people forget about that on these forums.

3. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

No way is it likely you trade only Mac and expect to get very good players in return. Just doesn't make sense, both sides have to be willing to give. If we want a certain player, then guys like Scola or Lowry would have to go. I find it funny when people say things like we trade Mac, Cook and Dorsey and in return get solid talent. What!

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If it's the case, I would rather no trade happens before the deadline.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yao and the current guys are not a championship team.

Our draft pick and 8 mil in capspace are probably not going to net us a
    "best player' which is what we need!

We will have to lose someone we like at some point. Now or later.

6. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

If you get some good player back, you should trade someone out.
    We will not have enough play time for all players...

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the best trades always hurt.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Unless you're the Lakers.

9. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

I would think you would have more sense to know that if the rockets want talent we are going to have to give up somebody that we don't want to but that's the way the league is. If your against letting go of any of our players right now you might as well BEG Morey to sit on Mac's contract.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

If we can get something good fine! I'm more concerend about next year looking forward and this offseason. I know we must give to get i've said this plenty times. In many scenarios i read from articles and pieces i see what ever goes, is just an upgrade and that piece is to either create more playing time or fill holes or bring in what is needed next season on forward. 8 million though, even at that after you trade, one of Lowry and Scola is going bye-bye after you move McGrady. I keep saying the best we'll be able to do is in any McGrady trade is a pick coming back even if it means to move up by swapping picks. If McGrady is baught out this means they are set on resigning Scola and Lowry. I can't see a possible sign and trade though of McGrady this means 3-4 million extra was used just to move him to Chicago for the likes of Salmons who is really costing you and not really doing any move with a long-term plan in mind.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I feel the OP's sentiment, but I think most of the other posters are also right: to get a true big-time player, we're going to have to give up more talent than just T-Mac.

12. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

I can see the rockets giving up scola, they would have no problem with starting landry. Lowry is the bench leader we'll keep him.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think morey would want the same.

14. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

wouldn't mind trading both tmac and ariza.

get a superstar sg and a back up big and we'll be right where we left off a season ago. make it happen magician morey!

15. parmesh

parmesh Member

Mark my words, they will be hurting. Marc Gasol is gonna be a better all around player than Pau Gasol. He's already a better defender.

16. Chamillionaire

not sure about that, ever since Pau started to play with Kobe, he's basically the 2nd fiddle. when he played for the griz, he basically took them to the playoffs by himself. he's one of the best C / PF in the league IMO, he just happens to play behind the 2nd best player in the league right now. yeah, lebron is better than kobe.

17. OpportunityCost

Keep Lowry so we can maintain our dynamic duo at the PG position. Scola is grossly overrated on this board; I would be ok with him being included in a trade. I would also be ok with no trade at all. Let Tracy's contract expire, and lets see if we can sign a healthy Von to a one year deal for the remainder of the year.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Scola is grossly overated???
    You must be kidding!
    Scola is the most consistent Rockets player by far on the offensive end.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am not sure Landry whether could do better than Scola in the start position.
    But I believe Scola would be a better choice when Yao come back.

20. rooney

rooney Member

i'm alright w/ having to lose a current role player but Les is going to have to dish out the $$$ in order to see Rockets Red in the Finals