1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Please Bring back Josh Smith.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

you have to take the good with the bad with smith. with that said, i don't want anybody that doesn't want to be here. josh chose to leave for whatever reason. let him deal with his own decision.

2. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

free brewer bring back smith, smith's passing and getting up and down the court is what will get brewer back into his groove.

Tjones has a good game and ppl start thinking he's awesome. TJones is good dont get me wrong but he is a ball stopper.it is time to leverage him because we wont be able to afford him and Dmo and to me DMO is a more consistent effort player.

3. Ns575

Ns575 Member

watch a Josh Smith lowlight real and you'll feel fine afterwards.

[​IMG]

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He had the perfect situation with a team that accepted his warts, and he let his ego get in the way. Part of me wants to say f**k him.

But I would still love to have him back because he is still a huge defensive upgrade over Jones (although not close to elite anymore), and he isn't that much worse on offense. I would be happy if we could trade the 2 straight up, Jones is gonna get overpaid by somebody and isn't coming back next year.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares about josh smith. he made his decision. why do people keep asking for him back. it's no surprise he is struggling in LA. saw that coming a mile away. he's always had the me first attitude. There's a reason why he hasn't had much success when it comes to teams in his career. he had a good situation going here, a team that was willing to accept his erratic play but resorted back to his normal low iq ways and decided to leave. Look at him now.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It says more about how poor Jones level of overall play has been, not how great Smith is. Not wanting a player that would improve your team is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Jones has had a positive plus minus only 6 times this year, and we are 4-1 in games he missed. Even last night with his "awesome" game he was only neutral in the point diff.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jones situation doesn't matter much to me in regards to Smith. for whatever reason he's going to be under the microscope, especially for all the people that continue to think that minimum contract josh smith is any better. Smith didn't want to be here. So wouldn't want him back. For all the headaches Jones can give, Smith is no different. In fact he probably takes even more dumb shots and makes just as many bad decisions on the court.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He makes dumb decisions on offense, not defense. He's still very good on D, while Jones is terrible. It's all about the defensive upgrade he would be, you would tolerate the other stuff.

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

how many times does Jones Assist or have hockey assists - when he gets the ball he doesnt read the D and just tries to 1-1; it happens all the time.

I will admit that jones 3pt % has been a nice surprise and his improvement on the Offensive glass.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely don't think his defense is some huge upgrade, especially at this point in his career where he's so much slower athletically

11. malakas

malakas Member

Simmons in his podcast said that he didn't see Smith in the huddles and he would be surprised to see him in the team in one week.

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Could we sign him if he were released?

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't see why not. I'm sure Morey would give him a call.

14. malakas

malakas Member

yes. But I think they may want to trade him first if they can. They are one of the few teams that values non expirings over expirings.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At this point the clippers would probably take harrell for him. Lol still beating the Clippers for us.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No thanks, he is declining and he screws up the chemistry between Howard and Harden.

DD

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He makes 950k. There's not much they can trade him for at this point. With that said if we do trade on of Jones or Dmo, I wouldn't mind adding the Clippers in as a 3rd team. With them getting a vet min player, and with Smith coming to Houston.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah sign him back, and then Smith goes off again randomly against Clippers in the playoffs

19. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I wouldn't mind having Smith back, but it only makes sense if a PF (Jones probably) is traded. There's nowhere for him to play right now

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Have to admit that something kind of magical happened when Josh came to the Rockets last year. Josh, Brewer and Terry played well together coming off the bench. There was definitely some chemistry with those guys.

I don't know if the success could be repeated. McHale is gone, and I think McHale was the right kind of coach for Josh.