1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Please Bring back Josh Smith.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

For sure. I honestly think we could have had 3 or 4 more wins atleast with Josh from the beginning of the year. If you take into account how many times we've played without Dmo and Dwight in the same game, and Jones missing a couple games here and there.

Either way, better late than never.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

But we didn't have 5 guys at PF. We had a whole bigs (pf + c) of Dwight Dmo Jones Capela and Harrell and maybe Dekker; you can play small with Ariza and Brewer, but you can't go into a season saying their your front court bigs. And Harrell and Dekker were rookies and not high picks, so you can't assume they will get significant playing time.

So with Dwight Dmo Jones and Capela, you knew in the summer Dmo is coming off back surgery, Dwight cant play back to back to start the year which should make you figure he will miss more games than you'd hope, Capela is only in his 2nd year and Jones lacks consistency and also has had injuries.

I just thought it was common sense to have one more big that you know can provide minutes and who better than Smith who we already had last year and did his job.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

YOLO?

I'm just messing with you. As long as rockets win we should all enjoy

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't think he's a Rocket fan, more YOLO is right fan. Anyone who is taking delight in the Rockets' potentially melting down is not a fan, which for the record, did not happen last season. Quite the opposite.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

im here. not going anywhere. JS is a mavs killer. he's just a bad matchup for them at this point where their team is at. I'm not going to knee jerk. If i was I would have pointed out the terrible shooting in his debut but I'm just letting it ride til the end of the season to pass judgement on him. fwiw again ill be gladly wrong if so but well see. can't wait to play some quality opponents

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He's not gonna lead us to the promised land. That's on Harden and Dwight. But with our injuries, we needed someone we could play or we'd lose even more games than we should.

His shooting debut is not a factor, he helped us win that game.