1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on SR610 1/28/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Jan 28, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac has played here more than 5 years, and played for Adelman more than 2 years. If he couldn't fit Adelman's system, how could Morey and Adelman know a new comer (e.g., Iggy) would fit in Adelman's system?

I remember, at the beginning, the rockets hired Adelman because they thought he was a better coach for Yao and Tmac. But now, both Tmac and Yao do not fit in Adelman's system, and the rockets want Tmac to go. Would they want Yao to go next year?

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Maybe a big splash that is being kept on the DL ? I mean, the Lowry, Artest, Ariza were all on the DL before becoming reality.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what i found odd was that Morey basically said tmac didnt fit this year. He's saying that because of Yao's absence they need to play more guys and share the ball more, so Tmac doesnt fit....but what about when yao returns? Does that means tmac fits then?

I realize it's not verbatim and maybe morey just threw out a simple excuse, but it still seems like a sloppy answer...

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy runs...

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think there were rumors swirling about ron well ahead of time....the trevor signing dveloped out of nowhere because of a couple different actions by different teams...lowry was probably the only surprise.

6. bloop

bloop Member

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

'run' is everything? I remember one important reason of the 76ers signed Averson is coach Jordan was disappointed by Iggy's playmaking.

8. rocketsmetalspd

I always knew the Summer 2010 FA would be a mirage. The Rockets need to get their team done on the trading deadline. I can't wait to see what actually happens. 3 more weeks to go.

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Geez, people bashing Morey based on his comments on Tmac during a radio interview. Are you kidding me?

What is he supposed to say?

DM: "Yea, we've had enough of his whiny, pouting, "me first-team last" attitude. Not to mention we have the highest salary tied into a player that can never stay healthy. And frankly, he pretty much crossed the line in our eyes with all his antics from the last two seasons as well as back-stabbed our organization, especially Les, who was really Tracy's #1 supporter since he's been a Rocket. So, we did try to be the better person and see if he could slowly get re-integrated back, not only with our team, but into the day to day NBA grind. He whined and demanded more yet again, so we've decided to get something productive and helps this TEAM and ORGANIZATION with that money. We are trying to build a championship contender and we do not need anyone who puts their agendas before every other employee of this franchise to do just that."

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Is this exactly how he said it in the podcast? (the bolded part)

If so, is this the first confirmation of the amount of money we will have to work with in the off-season?

11. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Where did you get that? I thought everyone knew we hired Adelman because Les wanted a faster, more exciting brand of basketball.

When Yao returns, Adelman will still ask his offense to push the ball to get the early shot. If there's nothing available and they're forced to pull up into setting up halfcourt, then Yao will be back in the post by then and they run through him.

TMac has to be the focal part of the offense for the team to be effective. He has to have the ball and be the one setting people up. Adelman wants all 5 guys to be capable of setting each other up.

It's clear to me.. clear as mud to some.

1 person likes this.
  12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Where did you get that?

I remember the rocket fired JVG and hired Adelman because they were not satisfied with JVG's offense. Adelman said he would let our two stars play much easier.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Close, but in terms of strength/quickness I'd still say Nene. Howard obviously has him beat in leaping ability and length.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yall two are basically saying the same thing. Adelman was suppose to bring in a better offensive system that would better utilize our two star's talents, which means getting other more innvolved as well. All that would mean more scoring and more exciting basketball. Same thing...

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

But now, our two stars do not fit in Adelman's system...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Who said they didnt? Tmac doesnt fit now because without yao our only shot at winning is to run more and pass the ball more, but no one said that "style" will stick around from now on. Fans are assuming it will and that it means Yao wont fit next year, but why wouldnt they slow it down next year again? It doesnt have to be JVG offense, but they can slow it down some and still score well because they're getting back a highly efficient scorer. There's no reason why Yao wont fit next year.

17. kturner77

kturner77 Member

I really think it was a diplomatic way for DM say "We don't believe that Tracy is right for our club, now OR in the future."

Let's not forget that infamous Toronto game last year. That game, to me spoke volumes about his character and drive, or lack thereof. So, now the Rockets should rush to play him big minutes because this is a contract year for McGrady?
    :rolleyes: Whatever. Trade him and move on.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, why would they want to trade Tmac now? Would they resign Tmac next season when Yao is back?

19. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

Because Tmac is a cancer to this team. He won't be back. Everyone needs to get over it and move on to the guys actually playing for the Rockets and wanting to contribute to the team goal.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Hater's mind... ;)