1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on SportsTalk 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Good match.

[​IMG]

2. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Thats not what he said at all, nor was that even close to what he was implying.

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Matt Jackson is great! Thanks for the interview.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

LMAO.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

I couldn't listen to it as the stream is limited to the US only, but he's obviously not gonna bash his own player. That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever and Morey saying good things about a guy on his roster he really would like to trade sure wouldn't be a first.

6. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Like the host, I really didn't care whehter we got Dwight or not. I would of been excited about Bynum. But... after listening to Morey, something about his tone and the things he said pissed me off.

Maybe, I'm officially at that "same ****, different day" point like many of the other posters.

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Member

Rockets offer probably needed to be head and shoulders above everyone else's for Orlando to cross Fegan and co.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I didn't like the interview.

Why didn't MattJ simply ask the straight-forward question. "Daryl, do you feel like the assets you offered were better than what Orlando got out of the Dwight trade?"

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so then the roster is balanced nicely as is.....okayy :confused:

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Short interview

Long interview
    **Not surprised(about the trade going down). We were in communication with them. Jordan Wieber's face, that might sum things up. That's sorta how we feel right now. We're comfortable with how we're set up. We feel good about our young players. We feel good about them.

**(About Hennigan saying the offer sheets made it difficult): I haven't seen Rob's comments. Those deals were done for awhile now. That would surprise me. Only opinion that matters is Rob's. If it made it difficult, then it was difficult. He had the player everyone wanted. In these trades, it comes down how to people value individual players. When we did the big trade [last year], we found a partner in the Hornets and they were a team that liked the players they were getting. Orlando likes the players they are getting. That's all that matters. Rob is an unbelievable exec. He made the best deal for Orlando.

**(If he felt he came close): I do, yeah. They did their diligence and kept searching for something they liked more. They liked the trade more than anything we could offer. I promise you Rob knows what he's doing. People will feel over time he is a great exec.

**(If agents are becoming too involved): Appropriately involved. The large majority of them do it and do it well. I have no issue with agents being involved. They're trying to get their clients to the best possible situation for them.

**(If the new CBA will close the gap/level the playing field or still too early to tell): You're always trying to get me in trouble. I have vary, detailed opinions I'll keep to myself.

**(If this is the roster he'll roll with): A couple of FAs were talking to. Not sure if it'll work out. We're comfortable with what we have. We think the team can contend for a playoff spot but we're always aggressive to do more and if something comes along, we'll do it. We're comfortable because 1 to 15, its a player who has upside, gives us flexibility for cap room to acquire someone or we have ability to do it with the draft picks. We'll be patient and it takes two to tango. Rob and Orlando did a diligent job to do what's best for them.

**(If it's more realistic now that you'll have to grow your own superstars): We feel good about our young talent and their chances, feel good about our cap room and feel good about our draft picks and foreign players that will allow us to improve the team. Can't force these things. When something comes along that makes sense, we'll pull the trigger.

**(If the roster is out of balance): I've read about that. I don't see anything out of balance. I'm puzzled by that. The roster as it stands is balanced.

**(About all the PFs): At the end of the day, it's good to have more bigs than less bigs. Some guys you talked about have played center in college or internationally. We're planning to be uptempo and fast. Asik is traditional size and the rest of the time, we won't have traditional size. The minutes breakdown in the league, you have 30-40% of centers that are hybrid.

**(If Lin, Martin is the starting backcourt?): I would say that is a McHale question. Going into season and TC, you've got some likely starters in Lin, Martin, Parsons, and Asik, with the 4 spot open for competition. That's up to McHale and as people have learned, he'll go with who helps us win.

**(Talked to Martin this offseason?): Yeah he's in his last year. Martin is professional. He approaches the job professionally. I don't see him being in a contract year vs not a contract year making a big difference. I don't think he needs it.

**(Injuries last year why Martin struggled?): Injuries and some changes to the game last year that impacted him and some other players in the league heavily.

**We got a lot of good things coming up and it wont be long before preseason.

**No one should worry about him getting sleep.

#70 J.R., Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  11. nono

nono Member

Empty words from Maori.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Maybe I misheard but I thought he mentioned a silver medal. The rest I implied from his previous comments about Makyla, I was not implying that's what he said. Only my opinion.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

He did offer more... Hennigan is an incompetent New Young GM who is over his head..

14. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

McKayla is not impressed with the Dwight Howard trade:

[​IMG]

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Wait, is it the Jordyn Wieber face or the McKayla Maroney face? There is a big difference.

Jordyn Wieber face =

[​IMG]

McKayla Maroney face =

[​IMG]

I hope the front office people were not crying like a girl upon hearing about the Howard trade.

16. theDude

theDude Member

Agree with this. It almost feels like the deal was made out of spite.

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Member

Morey originally said Wieber but Matt corrected him and asked if he meant Maroney. Daryl agreed that he meant Maroney.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Morey mentioned this in his interview...Rockets offered something a while back and it was on the table a while ago...Rob did what he felt was best for his team..

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

/thread

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

we cant speculate on what was offered or counter offered..but the bottom line is that Howard is now a Laker...

Rockets should move forward...not look at what could have been...sure its disappointing...but really its not because of a lack of effort...